colour match

Currently reading:
colour match

On my laptop I have quite a bad paint scuff mark where i can see the plastic instead of the paint! I think i did it by having my hand there too much and also trying to clean it with something too strong ;)

Doesn't anybody know if there's a company that will fairly cheaply colour match into a spray paint? I looked at halfords but they said they did it using the paint code on the car.

Cheers
Paul

i remember there bein a comercial on a little while ago for a DIY shop that could match the colour of anythin u bring into them, they scan it and make the paint up...

the DIY one with fish lips an the guy from men behaving badly in the add!

u have to excuse me i am crap with names!

it's not a scratch, it's an area about the size of a 2p piece that's like somebody has sprayed it light silver a little bit (like one spray). It looks tatty and the laptop is better than that! It's about £3 for a sticker to cover it up (i.e. P4 sticker) but it 1) wouldn't 100% cover it and 2) is expensive considering it won't be properly painted.

mase_abarth said:
its all good i will let u off this once, u can just buy me a drink or three in skeggy to make up for it! :p
Lol! Thats fine with me :)

You do drink water dont you?

The trouble with respraying it is that it would need to be completely broken into pieces and with a laptop, that's an awfully bad idea lol. I could mask everything off completely and be ok with a small area though, then t-cut it (hahaha) to get a colour match.

Ok, this is sounding sillier every moment!

pghstochaj said:
The trouble with respraying it is that it would need to be completely broken into pieces and with a laptop, that's an awfully bad idea lol. I could mask everything off completely and be ok with a small area though, then t-cut it (hahaha) to get a colour match.

Ok, this is sounding sillier every moment!
as long as u covered the inside with masking tape it would b fine.... i think. personally i would go for a striking red, that way at least u kno it is yours!

Ah, we might have a problem there then ;)

My bank balance will only stretch to water this weekend :p

Paul - where abouts is the scratch? i'm sure the majority of people wouldnt even notice it

Back