engine sound coming out of speakers

Currently reading:
engine sound coming out of speakers

my system was ok until i pulled one of my audio leads out that goes from one amp to another, i needed it for my decks (thats were i rob it from in the first place for my car amp) anyway when i put it back in the car im getting engine whineing coming out of my speakers, if i play with lead a bit it goes off but travel down the road a couple of miles and it comes back, i've made sure its not near the power cable, what could it be? and yes i know about supressers but it didn't need one before, it worked fine.

Either a bad earth or you need some sort or supressor, oh you mentioned that.

have you run it next to the power cable? it sounds like its picking up interference off it. I'd re run the phono cables on the other side of the car, maybe look at getting a better set with shielding built in. if you write a letter, its not too late for santa to stop off at halfords(y)

Just as a guess the area around the HU is metal isnt it, so perhaps when you re put in the RCA it is sitting closer on that metal than before.
Check all earths and make sure that you are earthing to one point rubbed down in the spare wheel bay sometimes it even does good to earth the HU to this point also.
I have never used suppressors so i dont even know of they work i will try and find out.

have you run it next to the power cable? it sounds like its picking up interference off it. I'd re run the phono cables on the other side of the car, maybe look at getting a better set with shielding built in. if you write a letter, its not too late for santa to stop off at halfords(y)
its only a short lead, that goes out of the output on one amp and into the amp next to it, the amps are screwed to the back seats and i've run the phono lead over the top of the amp and the power leads run under the amp so there not near each other, i'll check all connects again and make sure nun are lose.

o and santa is feeling the credit crunch and missing are house out lol.

Just as a guess the area around the HU is metal isnt it, so perhaps when you re put in the RCA it is sitting closer on that metal than before.
Check all earths and make sure that you are earthing to one point rubbed down in the spare wheel bay sometimes it even does good to earth the HU to this point also.
I have never used suppressors so i dont even know of they work i will try and find out.
HU as in head unit? if so its all plastic, if i hold the phono lead near the amp it goes off, which i would put down to bad earth but earth seems ok, the only other thing i can think that it might be has the phono lead is had it.

If its a bridging lead, I'd be tempted to say they may have seen better days and maybe time to replace them. I thought you were on about the ones from the headunit to the amp.they shouldn't be too much for a short set of shielded phono's.

what about http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=220203 they maybe a little expensive but they seem to have a good review.
might just have to have a pop into maplins in wakey and get myself some of them, i've got 2 phono leads running from my head unit to 2 of my 3 amps and then one is linked over to the third one but they are all cheap leads, think i paid £5 each for the two 5 metre ones and about £2.50 for the short one, thought i was saving some money when i got them but it will cost me in the long run:(

might just have to have a pop into maplins in wakey and get myself some of them, i've got 2 phono leads running from my head unit to 2 of my 3 amps and then one is linked over to the third one but they are all cheap leads, think i paid £5 each for the two 5 metre ones and about £2.50 for the short one, thought i was saving some money when i got them but it will cost me in the long run:(

Buy decent ones then do you know what specs the output of home audio line are ie Ohms volts i bet it is different to a car so using the thin non rubbery wires could cause preblems so get some car ones.

Buy decent ones then do you know what specs the output of home audio line are ie Ohms volts i bet it is different to a car so using the thin non rubbery wires could cause preblems so get some car ones.

Home / Car, doesn't matter. No real difference apart from car ones are sometimes better shielded against interference

Back