Technical Tyres and width

Currently reading:
Technical Tyres and width

You can fit loads of different size tyres to different sized rims. Just look at people that run stretched tyres ;) running silliy narrow tyres that are poped onto the rim.

Couldnt tell you what or if there would be any advantages to running a wider tyre on the GP as i havent done it. Might feel a bit more stable but dont really know if im being 100% honest mate :)

Wider contact area comes with increased rolling resistance Beany, also just check for clearance between tyre and body on full lock.

Wider contact area comes with increased rolling resistance Beany, also just check for clearance between tyre and body on full lock.

all very confusing for me, lol, still dont understand how you can have narrower or wider tyres on a wheel thats a set width? anyway think ill just stick to the 205 thats on it. lol.

all very confusing for me, lol, still dont understand how you can have narrower or wider tyres on a wheel thats a set width? anyway think ill just stick to the 205 thats on it. lol.

Good decision mate... (y)

Because the wheel could accomodate a wider tyre on it. You could fit a 185 width tyre to the 6.5j rim which still leaves you plenty of scope to move up inside. Rim width doesnt mean you can only have one width of tyre on it.

:slayer:go 215/45/17 looks better and handles better and are the sAME PRICE AS the 205s had them for 18 months on my gps

Back