General Faulty door handle - door to be dismantled!

Currently reading:
General Faulty door handle - door to be dismantled!

I had a sticky door handle (inside one) so now the doors will only lock if you press the handle right back. The car is going to dealers on Monday to have the door dismantled. I keep wondering if I should have just tried a bit of wd40 before going on that route. Many things can happen...

Long time ago but did you find a solution to your problem? I have taken the cable out and it blocks

That's right, thanks a mill for the reply!!!
My problem is that the cable that connects the interior door handle with the door lock.
This happened because the door was frozen and the driver forced the handle. The result is that the cable stretched so much it that it is now too long to work in the other direction and lock the doors.
I took it all apart and have ordered new lock and cable from a Polish website for 40.00Euros. It'll take a week but that's fine.
I'll post the full work with photos when I've finished it.

Last question: Where's the best place on line to get parts, used or new?

That's right, thanks a mill for the reply!!!

My problem is that the cable that connects the interior door handle with the door lock.

This happened because the door was frozen and the driver forced the handle. The result is that the cable stretched so much it that it is now too long to work in the other direction and lock the doors.

I took it all apart and have ordered new lock and cable from a Polish website for 40.00Euros. It'll take a week but that's fine.

I'll post the full work with photos when I've finished it.

Last question: Where's the best place on line to get parts, used or new?

eBay without a doubt. I buy most of my parts from there and have built up a supply of reasonably local people. When I sell parts I sell them worldwide unlike most who only do domestic postage. As long as it’s not a very heavy or very large item I send everything. eBay is by far the cheapest and best source.

Back