Technical Grande Punto ECU Reset

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto ECU Reset

AJKelly

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Is it an easy job to re-set the ECU on a Grande Punto ?? :confused:

If so, can anybody tell me how to do it please ?? (y)

Look at my other threads regarding the idle speed problems with my GP - resetting the ECU provides a temporary fix, which is better than nowt!!

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Is it an easy job to re-set the ECU on a Grande Punto ?? :confused:

If so, can anybody tell me how to do it please ?? (y)

Look at my other threads regarding the idle speed problems with my GP - resetting the ECU provides a temporary fix, which is better than nowt!!

Disconnect the battery or ECU and leave it for an hour, car might run a bit rough for a bit as it re-learns as you drive.

Disconnect the battery or ECU and leave it for an hour, car might run a bit rough for a bit as it re-learns as you drive.

They told me at the main dealers that it can only be reset by hooking it upto their computer :(

I've also been told that if you hold the revs at 3000rpm for two minutes, this will also reset the ecu (a little trick used by the Fiat Flying Doctors (y)) - Not sure about this one, but you never know (there are plenty of easter eggs in Windows :worship:)

resetting all parameters is done my examiner equipment, however I'm not sure what your actually trying to achieve by disconnecting battery or why.

Hi T,

It's back to that old chestnut on my GP, with the intermittent Idle speed problem. It's still happening & they aren't any closer to discovering why it does it!!

My car is back at the dealers - it's been cutting out at idle speed for the last three weeks, but it would appear that no errors are showing on the ECU.

The best one is - Fiat UK have said that I can't have a courtesy car (n)

I thought I was being rather patient, but I must admit that I lost it a bit with them when they said that there were no know problems of that kind with the GP :bang: so they can't help me....

There might not be any other problems like this with GP's, but there sure is with mine!! & it was witnessed by one of the tech guys at the main dealers, but they are still trying to fob me off (n)

The only hope I've got at the moment is one of the tech guys at the dealers, who has never seen owt like it (he's a sound guy - he wants to find the fault (y))

Are Fiat within their rights to deny me a courtesy car ?? (I think they probably are - but it doesn't look good on a customer service front (n))

Last edited:
ah yes I remember, was only happening every few weeks wasn't it?

Cant remember the whole story but if its very very intermttent then I would swop over throttle body from another car & if fault still appears then change ECU.

Remember though thats only from what I can remember of the fault on your car & as I have not seen/experienced the fault I can only guess/speculate.

ah yes I remember, was only happening every few weeks wasn't it?

Cant remember the whole story but if its very very intermttent then I would swop over throttle body from another car & if fault still appears then change ECU.

Remember though thats only from what I can remember of the fault on your car & as I have not seen/experienced the fault I can only guess/speculate.

Looks like a new throttle body, hopefully by the end of this week/early next week. :worship:

I hope it gets sorted out this time, because we think the GP is a great little car (1.2 hasn't got much power, but hey - we're both over 40 yrs old, so we don't often go above 30mph :cool:)

Back