General My B got crashed

Currently reading:
General My B got crashed

ROJ

Its been a while since i ever visited this forum... but i come now with some bad news... 3 weeks ago my b was parked infront of my university & suddenly a woman driving a mitsubishi SUV crashes into my B & 4 other cars... The car had only severe body damage but insurance couldnt fix it cuz it costs double the value & had to cancel the car.. so now i got offered cash by the insurance company to buy another car... I will sure miss it as it was my 1st car & was the most exciting ride i ever drove, will never forget it...

Here r da pics: (ignore the punjabi guy laughing at the crash in below the pic, i am the one wearing the tiger beer tshirt talking on the phone :p
fiatcrash2smallng2.jpg
)

fiatcrash1smallqm8.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! :eek::eek::eek: bad luck. stupid drivers... :bang::bang:
how much €€ insurance offer you? if it's not secret. will you buy another Bee?

Sorry to hear (and see) that, it was a nice looking car too!

She wasn't one of these rich types out there who crash their cars and are so rich they just walk away and buy another one?

Will you but another Barchetta?

Nope.. im not getting another B, unforantely... Its was a great car but a risk to own in the middle east as fiats are very rare...

Sorry to hear of a yellow B going to the great scrapheap in the sky.

I hope you raided the car for saleable items before you let the insurance company take it away - hood rubbers for example?

Matt

Really sorry to hear the bad news, get in contact with Wayne - he might need some parts ;)

I am a very tolerant, level headed person but if that chap had been laughing at my misfortune I would have knocked his turban off and stuffed it up his left nostril!! :mad:

^ Lol... nahh, the guy is a good friend of mine what you sayin, i wasnt sad when i saw the crash cuz we had a subject to laugh on 4 the rest of that night!! Old woman in her 40's reverses her 4x4 into 2 cars and then drives ahead into a honda accord that jumps above the sidewalf & lands on my B pushing it out of its parking space, some 4 meters..
Well, The insurance wont give me back the B, i did not hesistate as i had previous plans to sell it before the year ended because of the new registration laws that came up in my reigon; they will most likely scrap it.. Ill see what happens & sure will let wayne know about, i guess he will need it more than i do now...
I wish i have raided the car & picked as many bits off it as possible if i knew they will not fix it up...

Last edited:
^ LOL... the guy is a good friend of mine what you sayin!! The insurance wont give me back the B, they will most likely scrap it, so ill see what happens & sure will let wayne know about, i guess he will need it more than i do now...

Ah, fair enough - if he was a friend I would just knock it off and not poke it up his snozzle!! :D

:eek: ROJ !!! OMG !! Noooo...... :cry: I am REALLY sorry to see what happened to your poor car.... Thank god you were not hurt.

At this rate I don't think there will be any bee's left over here...:mad:

Our Bee's now look very much alike, except mine is black :eek:
I must admit that mine is still parked under a cover in the garage and I can hardly bare to look at her... I was just talking to a friend of mine tonight about a plan to fix her up. I just can't let myself write her off. (but there again i'm not on a colleage budget).

I figured that if I can fix her for as much as I can get for her if I was to sell her (give or take a few hundred BD) then I would do it. Although as you say a great car but a serious risk to own in the middle east. took me a whole day of searching to find spark plugs that would fit! I had less trouble with a Lotus (all US GM parts)

Body panels and headlights... I know the parts will cost less than the shipping...

I did eventually buy another car to drive untill I get her fixed or find a proper replacement that I can find parts for... All I can say is do not buy a ford focus!!! most under powered boring, reliable piece of crap with fantastic brakes that I have ever driven.. will be up for sale soon...!!

I have a feeling you are gonna end up with a toyota or nissan..... as all the locals here say the best cars for the middle east. and probably a sensible choice whilst your still at colleage.... choose wizely..... but remember the fun you had in the Bee.

i know ladies who drove Bs... One girl i met at a race track, when she spotted my B... She told me she had a red b that was race prepped but she sold it with the race setup in favor of a faster car, she was even going to give me the roll bars & exhaust muffler that were left from the car. She's good looking btw... :D Im visiting the race track as much as possible but dont have the sexy car no more..

Wayne, ill end up most likely with a late 90's manual Mitsubishi Colt, i tried american, german, italian and I feel best with japanese.. I will own it for a couple of years till the new reg. laws (im sure u heard of them, all the GCC is talking about it) prevent me from registering it on the roads.. Its a perfect project car but i dont think it does as much as the B in terms of power & handling, i hope it will be fun for autoX..

Last edited:
I actually tried looking out for 1 here last month. great little cars.

Not actually heard of the new reg laws?? Please could you give me some more info on this?

I actually tried looking out for 1 here last month. great little cars.

Not actually heard of the new reg laws?? Please could you give me some more info on this?

Cars older than 15 years, even if theyre well maintained & in excellent shape, will never be registered... cars older than 10 years cannot have their ownership transferred hence cannot be sold locally... Really Ugly Laws, makes me wanna puke..
I assume regulations in other places are way more reasonable & logical than that...
Lookin at the brightside for you will be able to get amazing bargains when people sell their older cars to the neighboring countries... Good luck getting a real fast & cheap 90s sports car like a nissan skyline or toyota supra...
For us living in the UAE, i guess its time to invest in an early 90s air cooled porsche & register it as a classic, hopefully oneday..

WHAT ! :eek: that sucks !!(n) what a crappy law...

Thankfully I have not heard anything about it here... but that could put the dampers on my next project that I was planning....:(. I will check this out with some friends in the trafic directorate. I hope they are not planning on it here.....

I would be very surprised to see it happen as alot of the sheiks collect old cars (totally restored to new condition) but I guess that If they did implement this law here then it probably wouldn't apply to them

Thanks for the info

Back