Technical starter motor

Currently reading:
Technical starter motor

to be on the safe side i would defo get a 1.6 one, you can pic up a good recon one from scrap/breakers yard

hope that helps :)

you need the 1.6 starter motor. you can take it from any age 1.6 bravo brava or marea. i believe the 1.6 stilo also uses the same starter motor, but i cant guarantee that.

right update got a 1.6 starter fitted it but now when cold and been sat ova nite it wont start easy turns ova great just doesnt seem to want to kickin could this be new batter or new spark plugs needed does start finaly about 1 min of trying any info people thanks

if it turns over at the correct speed then it cant be the battery.

plugs and leads can be the problem. if they have not been replaced in line wiht the service schedule then replace them asap.

poor compression is a favorite cause for cold starting problems. its the main cause of cold starting problems on high mileage cars. your 1minute of cranking to start does sound like typical compression loss symptoms.

Last edited:
poor compression is difficult and expensive to fix, usually requiring the piston rings to be replaced. lets hope it isnt the cause, but lets find out either way.

so i need change spark plugs and leads first then if its doesnt improve it could be that.
do i really need chage lead or just plugs will the leads make a differents

it is more likely to be a lead problem than a plug problem, but definately replace both. the leads should be replaced every 24k or 2 years.

Back