General How's the Heater?

Currently reading:
General How's the Heater?

Hi,

I believe the Panda has a fairly quick heater in the way that it gets hot pretty quickly one the car is started? If so, is the 500 the same - how quick till the heater is blowing hot air on a cold day?

Cheers.

Takes a fair time in the diesel, hardly surprising though. Also the climate on auto routes only to the footwell for heating so I get cold arms..., keep it in foot/face with the centre vents shut and all is well :)

The heater on my 1.4 seems very good, takes about one to one and a half miles to come up to working temperature. The heated door mirrors are genius as well on cold mornings. The heater really sticks it out when you get up to 100 m/h :)

John

I can only compare the 2 Fiats we have owned, but i'd say the panda heated up the quicker of the 2, but when it comes to top temp you could heat pie's under the 500s heater.

Ian

I hope it is better than our multipla!! it never seems to be warm enough in the cabin, must be all the glass?

Our 1971 Fiat 500 heated up dead fast, probably because it was air cooled not water!

My 1.2 has climate control and this only activates the fan once the engine is warm enough (nice that it doesn't just blast cold air at you:) ). The fan kicks in after about a mile of pootling through the village which is pretty quick.

In-laws live about 6-8 minutes away - heater is usually running hot by half-way on a not-too-cold day.

My theory is that Ford designed the last Fiesta for short trips, including engines that heated up quickly, hence passengers benefited from that heat in very little time.

Previous Ka was basically a shortened Fiesta with less engine choice.

500 and next generation Ka were developed jointly and share the same platform - perhaps some of this Ford-ish-ness has rubbed off on Fiat?

T

Most cars now (if not all?) heat the interior through the heater matrix which runs of the engine coolant temp. therefore the speed the car warms up depends on how you drive as this will affect how the engine warms up. the dervs take longer to warm up in pretty much all cars, presumably due to the thicker heavier oil and fuel they use, and the different combustion I suppose?

Most cars now (if not all?) heat the interior through the heater matrix which runs of the engine coolant temp. therefore the speed the car warms up depends on how you drive as this will affect how the engine warms up. the dervs take longer to warm up in pretty much all cars, presumably due to the thicker heavier oil and fuel they use, and the different combustion I suppose?

Longer stroke => cooler exhaust temp must be a factor? Do they have thicker bores and block in general?

Back