General Opinion on your standard stilo brakes

Currently reading:
General Opinion on your standard stilo brakes

What do YOU think of the Stilos stabdard brakes

• Total voters
As it says!

This popped up in another thread that some people find the Stilos standard brakes amazing, whilst ohers are saying they are pants.

Would be interesting to see if there is a link between owners who think they are pants and which model they drive.

So choose in the poll your opinion (close to the options) then post your model and selection

EDIT also post if you had a stilo, but like me have got rid and drive something else!

Last edited:
I took the liberty of voting even though I don't own one anymore (but I did have two).

I no longer have one either or drive her in doors 3dr ..mine were crap when bought the car and soon set about sorting the problem out with after market discs pads and hoses..the other day here in doors drove my panda and commented that the brakes were better than her stilo's so it would seem that its hit and miss whether you have good or bad brakes on the car and rather like playing the lottery..

"Just right" for me.

I've found them OK with both OEM and Green stuff pads and I've never liked cars with over sensitive brakes which could be lethal in pre ABS days (cars take a long time to stop with the wheels locked :()

I did notice a small improvement after a brake fluid change though.

More than adequate (well on wifeys 1.2 anyhow....) :p

i Voted "great stuff" because of the thing, whichhappened to me and which i described in the other thread which i believe was the reason for this:)
i'm driving a 2002 3dr 1.6 with a crazy ECU (waiting for the new one to arrive and clenching my teeth because of the price:cry:)

i voted just right, because they do feel crap, but are actually very good.

for the hell of it i tried an emergency stop the other day coming down caerphilly mountain. stopped me from 60 in about no distance, made me very dizzy, and gave me a splitting headache for hours. on stopping distance alone, they are better than any car ive driven (this includes the megane, 307, golf mk5, mitsu lancer, .....)

cant imagine what they;l be like with the EBC groved discs and redstuff pads, stainless brake hoses, and dot 5.1 fluid.

should really improve that pedal feel (y)

I had an Abarth and everyday they were ok, but found that under heavy braking that they could have been better than they were. The brakes on the GTi are sooooo much better and just gives you more confidence when driving.

Very happy with the brakes on my 1.6 3dr dynamic. Had to pull an emergency stop the other day due to a "distraction" in a very small skirt... Thank god the stilo saved my blushes! (y)

Back