Technical Palio Style 1.6 Petrol - white smoke

Currently reading:
Technical Palio Style 1.6 Petrol - white smoke

rameshiyerv

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, so let me introduce my self. This is Ramesh from India I own 2 Fiat cars: Palio Style 1.6 & UNO 1.2 EL (Both petrol). I am proud fiat owner.
The Problem:
Just yesterday My Palio started badly smoking white smoke from the silencer and i realized that the oil level has gone down drastically. Can eneyone advise me of hat could have gone wrong. My guesses are either the piston ring. The vehicle is not more that 3 months old and had its first free service about 90 days back.
Any advise would help.

Thanks,
Ramesh.

I am afraid you have oil leaks into the engine. Need disassemby and check segments....

I am afraid you have oil leaks into the engine. Need disassemby and check segments....

Yes I fear the same... The vehicle is currently with the authorized service center.... Thanks a lot for your help. Will post if i require any further help.

Cheers,
Ramesh

Black smoke= fuel.

Bring up an old thread.

Is there a way to detect a faulty O2/Lambda sensor? can a faulty O2 sensor make a car run rich and emit black smoke?

Any help will be great. I don't have access to a scanner (neither do the service center guys :( )

Black smoke= fuel.

Bringing up an old thread.

Is there a way to detect a faulty O2/Lambda sensor? can a faulty O2 sensor make a car run rich and emit black smoke?

Any help will be great. I don't have access to a scanner (neither do the service center guys :( )

Last edited:
Yes it can.
In fact my O2 sensor failed last year, and the car was smoking black ( a little) the exhaust end was black all the time, fuel consumption was fractional higher, and the engine hesitated once in a while.
All because of a broken O2 sensor....!
I bought a new original one from Fiat, in the original Fiat box was a.......NGK sensor....!!

Thanks Peter.

I guess my car needs a new one - it is smoking black once in a while and when hot it gets very lazy.

Back