Technical tracking

Currently reading:
Technical tracking

seank8

Does anyone have a problem with the tracking on there stilo.I got mine tracked about two months ago and four new tyre's.It started to pull to the left recently,i had to hold the steering to the right to keep it in a straight line.Got it done again today and its the very same,i actually saw it been done.any ideas?

I checked the fiat stilo discussion board last night and found something interesting i replaced the tyre's a couple of weeks ago and i fitted the wrong ones,the speed rating was w it should be v.on the site it was posted that the incorrect rating would cause the car to pull to the left,so i'll change the tyre's this evening hopefully it will cure it because they could find nothing wrong.

Seank,

the speed rating must be correct, but two months ago I informed you that some of first Stilo had the front set-up wrong...
if your dealer didn't arrange it, you still will have front tyres worn prematurely...

Matt listen to Scott and read the old topic "tyre's" posted by seank8 in this section, could be useful for you!!!!

Roberto

---------------------------
Fiat Brava 1.4 12v sx

Had the car at the dealers on monday they did the tracking and i asked them about the speed rating.They said it would make no difference to the tracking as a w rated tyre is one of the best tyres.A local tyre distributer(who i got the tyres from)had a file saying speed rating does not alter tracking.The dealer said the car was fine,i had other work done on the tracking before i changed the tyres about 2 months ago and i got a rebate from fiat

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Matt_fiat
Yep, my 1.9jtd 3 door needed tracking at it's 12k service - both fronts very worn on inside edge. Dealer didn't want to know about it - refered me to te local Kwik-Fit!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have a Stilo with the same problem. Front tyres only lasted 10K/1year the inside edges of the tyres were on the canvas and illegal. Dealer discussed this with Fiat and they paid for a four wheel tracking and suspension adjustment (Fiat know of this problem) and bought a new tyre, and I bought the other one.

I've had my tracking fixed by Fiat once before as my tyres wore down before 10,000 miles. They told me it was fixed. Well I've down less than 10,000 miles and the tyres have gone again!!!

In contact with Fiat again this problem is not resolved. Car now done 22,000 miles less than a year and on third set of tyres.

Yellow 3 door Abarth!

Back