Technical Barchetta Servicing in Yorkshire...

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta Servicing in Yorkshire...

novacustard

So far I've spotted a few (well four) B's in and around Harrogate, and although its (hopefully) a long way off, I'm starting to think about my B's next service.

Are there any Yorky B owners who can recommend a good garage for my B? I live a spit and a throw from a Fiat dealer, but have an aversion to dealership prices...

Thanks,

Richard

Hi NovaCustard, where in Harrogate are you? I am just off the Leeds Road/Appleyards area. I have seen a red mark 2 around Skipton Road, a yellow mark 1 that parks in Victoria Road area and an older mark 1 on German plates that looks a bit tatty - are you the yellow one? I can guess which dealers you mean - something to do with a "circus". Hmm - don't even get me started on what they did to my B - I will tell you one day when we meet. As far as servicing the B now - it has to be Walkers at South Otterington - 01609 777221 - ask for Steve Shaw on Service. I had a service and MOT in September for £119.00 all in - with a courtesy car included for £5! And that was with Selenia Racing synthetic oil....Plus, you get a 30 minute blast along the A61, to boot!:D Mention my name (Richard) - you never know, we might get a discount!

Hiya Richard.
I'm in Knaresborough am in a blue T reg Mk1.
If the German one is a red one, its been written off and will probably be appearing soon in the classifieds section as a complete car for spares...the owner is now in a nice Black Riviera on German plates!
What are you driving?
My B is mostly going for blasts along the A59 to Airedale atm - nice road, if a bit heavily policed (as I know to my cost!)

Thanks for the garage tip tho, and maybe we should have a N-Yorks meet up some time.
Rich
Barchetta.jpg

Spooky - the owners of the two coolest cars in the area are both called Richard!:D What can I say.... BTW, nice shiny B and - I love your wheels!
Mine is a '99 German spec LE in silk balck (ahem!) metallic. And yes - a N Yorks meet would be great - but I will have to take a rain check for a while; I have just had my left hip and socket replaced (without anaesthetic!) and can't walk without sticks for three months at least, never mind drive.:(

Attachments

• 141 Barry & Mena.JPG
    141 Barry & Mena.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 17
but I will have to take a rain check for a while; I have just had my left hip and socket replaced (without anaesthetic!)

Geeze, I know that the NHS were cash strapped after pee-ing all their cash up the wall on IT projects but op's without anaestethic seems a bit extreme, maybe a new policy will be to bring your own!

Hey, steady there - as I work in the NHS and can be involved in Hip Replacements, I can confirm that anesthetic is not, in fact, required for this procedure. All thats needed is a wooden spoon between the teeth and some leather straps to prevent the patient escaping...

Ah, so its actually entirely your fault that the IT projects have sucked all the money out of the NHS in order to keep your B on the road!!!

The window is waiting for me to find some cash to buy a hard top so I can still use the B in winter while sorting the window...out of interest, is there a guide somewhere on how to remove/refit the window? I have a good idea of what I have to do once the old window is removed, was just wondering if there was anything else to do apart from unzipping and then rezipping the new window.
Cheers,
Richard

Ahem - well, it wouldn't be so bad (and the pain a little easier to bear!) if I hadn't actually had to PAY for it - and get myself to Birmingham and back for the op! I can tell you, travelling back through New Street and Leeds City stations 4 days after having your pelvis torn apart is not a lot of fun...Oh, and the reason for no anaesthetic = hyper-sensitivity to it and ALL forms of pain relief...:cry::cry::cry: Never mind, I just look at it that instead of modding the B's suspension, I've modded my own with a nice bling bling metal bit of kit! Just got to get the other side done, now.(y)

Back