General Help - Battery Warning Light/ignition

Currently reading:
General Help - Battery Warning Light/ignition

MUNNERS

I have a fiat bravo trofeo which in the past has had severe difficulties starting. These problems have been resolved.
Now the battery warning light shows constantly on the dashboard when starting car and driving along (ie it is not re-charging).The battery in the car is new and has been re-charged.
When the car last brokedown the RAC man dismantled one of the electric cables from under the car and after testing it he said it was not producing enough 'volts' or 'ohms' and therefore preventing ignition (not quite sure what the cable was called).
The car has had 3 diagnostic checks at a dealership and they could not find anything wrong with it. So does anyone have any ideas why the warning light is constantly showing and secondly any idea what the cable/part is called that the RAC man told me should be replaced (he incidentally had a Bravo and sourced the cable as being the main problems why the car would not start everytime). Many thanks

Battery light normally indicates the battery is not charging, therefore I would check the voltage across the terminals with a volt meter with engine running. It should read approximately 14.4 volts. Less than 13.8 or thereabouts I would check the alternator is working.

alternator is faulty, or earth strap form gearbox to chassis need replacing, or dirty battery terminals reducing current flow, or your new battery is not the right type for your car.

Back