Broken USB port

Currently reading:
Broken USB port

PeteyPye

Last night my girlfriend plugged her iPod cable in to the Blue&Me USB port in my glovebox only to find that the media player displayed (and said) 'No Media'. So I plugged my USB key in, which was working fine 5 minutes prior, and that also had the same message, 'no media'.

After a closer inspection it seems that the metal casing of the USB port is very loose and when a cable/stick is plugged in there is lots of play/movement. I noticed that from a certain angle the USB stick gets power (as the LED lights up on the stick) but this will only be the case for about 1 second or so.

So currently I have, from what I can tell, a broken USB port....

Anybody had anything similar, is there a fix? Can I/should I go to FIAT, will they replace/repair free of charge (even if I have to tell porkies and say it has always never worked?)

Really bummed about this, the girlfriend got a verbal beating! :bang:

Turns out I am retarded because I have been using the USB port in the upper right of the glove box which was covered by a blanking plate. I never saw the 'proper' port - which I have now located and confirm all is working. :ROFLMAO:

Now I am still stuck with a broken USB port, blanked out by a bit of plastic now, but I presume it doesn't matter as there is no use for the port?

Back