Technical CD Error

Currently reading:
Technical CD Error

2ippy

Wonder if you guys could help me out.

After much success with reliability on my mk2 punto JTD ELX, I went for something more practical for my needs now, with a Stilo wagon JTD.

I have a problem with the navigation computer unit, after a while i get a CD error with both the nav CD's and Audio CD's.

Not a problem coz I've got a tom-tom, but would be nice to get it working so i can listen to audio cd's abroad.

well i get checksum error trying to firmware upgrade so I ain't gonna try a 3rd time, coz I don't want to destroy the ROM.

I'll try getting hold of a cheap unit if cleaning the lense don't work.

i sell the mechanisms for the Connect Nav+ for 99 euro plus shipping costs - i can also replace it for you but i guess shipping the complete unit to the Netherlands and send it back to you will be rather expensive...
If you are a handyman you can do it yourself , i already sold a lot of them and all customers performed the repair successfull.
I always include pictures with instructions.

yellowstilo

How do I remove the nav+? and also will it kill the code, because when i bought it I got lots of stuff with it (cd's etc...) but not the code card.

the CN+ can be removed easily with 2 long M4 bolts or threaded wire , the CN+ has M4 thread in the unlocking mechanism.
When the CN+ works o.k. now it will still work when you remove and reinstall it in the same car as the code is stored in the body computer - you will only need the code when you install the CN+ in another Stilo or if you have installed another Stilo radio in your car in between and a new code is stored.

Back