General Loving our new Doblo

Currently reading:
General Loving our new Doblo

Lettie

We love our new Doblo! Took it for a good long run on Saturday - a lovely sunny day (for a change) - zoomed off up the motorway and found it to be comfortable, smooth and quiet. OH is hard of hearing and in the Vectra we used to give up trying to converse on the motorway because of tyre noise. Not so in the dobbie. Fuel consumption is excellent, mother (in her 80s) finds it easy to get in and out of, and its great for carrying shopping and taking junk to the local tip. Even our son (29) is impressed. He can't quite believe what we've got for our money. All in all we're very very pleased to be added to the ranks of the "uncool".:)

(y) its what you think of it that matters & I'll tell you something...you see loads on the roads thesedays so the good name of the doblo is spreading.

Post up a few pics in the members motors section:)

We love our new Doblo! Took it for a good long run on Saturday - a lovely sunny day (for a change) - zoomed off up the motorway and found it to be comfortable, smooth and quiet. OH is hard of hearing and in the Vectra we used to give up trying to converse on the motorway because of tyre noise. Not so in the dobbie. Fuel consumption is excellent, mother (in her 80s) finds it easy to get in and out of, and its great for carrying shopping and taking junk to the local tip. Even our son (29) is impressed. He can't quite believe what we've got for our money. All in all we're very very pleased to be added to the ranks of the "uncool".:)

A friend of mine suffered with road noise at motorway speeds in his Saab and he bought a set of Michelins (can't remember which type) that are supposed to reduce noise and he reckons they work really well.

A friend of mine suffered with road noise at motorway speeds in his Saab and he bought a set of Michelins (can't remember which type) that are supposed to reduce noise and he reckons they work really well.
Is it because they are a softer rubber? I know some counties are using/have used experimental road surfacing which is designed to give cars more gripping powwer in wet/slippery conditions, the downside of this surface is an increase in road noise.
It used to be very noticeable on one particular road around here where you'd be happily trundling along at 60 and as soon as you got to the "welcome to" county sign, the road surface changed & the noise was horrendous - until you got used to it.

Back