Styling B pillar removal

Currently reading:
Styling B pillar removal

Gbaker

Hi all,

I'm thinking of removing this from my car and just want to make sure that there is definately paint underneath before I rip it off :)

I've seen a thread about it on here already but just want to double check.

Also on the thread it says that only black Punto mk2's have got the plastic B pillar strips between the windows yet I've seen plenty of 3 doors of difrent colors with them and without them so I'm thinking it's more to do with the model (ELX, Sporting, etc...) than color???
I've got a black sporting and mine has.

:slayer:

Hi all,

I'm thinking of removing this from my car and just want to make sure that there is definately paint underneath before I rip it off :)

I've seen a thread about it on here already but just want to double check.

Also on the thread it says that only black Punto mk2's have got the plastic B pillar strips between the windows yet I've seen plenty of 3 doors of difrent colors with them and without them so I'm thinking it's more to do with the model (ELX, Sporting, etc...) than color???
I've got a black sporting and mine has.

I can vouch for you.. Under the plastic B-pillar trim is paint. :)

However, it may be slightly brighter than the rest of the car, as the rest of the car will have faded. It also leaves a messy sticky residue that's pretty hard to shift.

So in between the two windows is this yh??? Is it the same process in removing the bump strips?? Does any1 have a pic wan2 see wat it looks like sounds like a plan tho!! (y)

yea the black bit of vinal.... best way to take if off heat it up with a hair dryer and just peel away slowly but keeping the heat on it all the time. if done right dosnt leave any glue behind!

this is what mine looks like! i also CC the black window trim as well

Attachments

• Photo00056.jpg
    Photo00056.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 43
Taken 1 of my plastics off the B panel.

The paint underneath was a really dull black :(
Got the t-cut out n got carried away on a patch that i thought was a dull patch n ended up takin too much paint off :mad:

Need respray the panel now :bang:

Apart from that it looks great :)

personally id leave it on... i think you can buy them from Fiat for about £6 each if you ring them and ask... i didnt have them on my active sport but always considered buying some because it blends in with the window line better and give it a smoother look imo

Back