Technical Brake Bleeding

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Bleeding

Aldino

Hi All

The other problem I'm experiencing with my X is bleeding the brakes. :confused:

The cylinder was resleeved and made all neat and shiny. When I tried to bleed the rear brakes there was no brake fluid going to the back (reservoirs are filled up) and the front right brake. The left one squirts out brake fluid but as soon the pedal is depressed and the nipple closed off the cylinder "rod" seems to be stuck.

So, it is only the left front brake where I have fluid coming through and nowhere else. If I take the bleed niple off the others then I can feel some movement but not enough to have the fluid squirting out.

Any help will e appreciated.

Thanks
Aldino

I'm not sure why your right front caliper isn't bleeding but the rear is another matter. You've most likely bottomed out the second plunger while it was dry, under these circumstances it won't come back up. I've never experienced this firsthand and I don't know any good tricks for getting it working again without stripping the master cylinder down again which probably isn't helping much.

I know some of the guys at x-web have had this problem and may have some useful advice if you head over to their forum.

Thanks. (y) Well, if I have to crawl under that steering againg I will have to do it and open the cylinder again I'll hae to do it.

What is x-web, I'm not familiar with this site?

Thanks again.

Back