tn_DSC00413.JPG

Tipo (Classic) Dutch Tipo 2.0 Gran Turismo

Introduction

Hi!

This is my 1991 Tipo 2.0 8v Gran Turismo in the color Rosso Corsa (which has faded)
It has a reasonable mileage of 110k Km
It has the optional Abarth rims, steering wheel and gearknob.
The only non original part is the K&N replacement filter which goes straight in the original airbox!

Last week I replaced the rotten righthand rear door for a brand new one! Some Fiat dealers want to get rid of their old stock and therefore it wasn't very expensive!

Future plans are replacing the front and rear bumpers for MS-Design ones which look original but have a much sportier look!

Hi everyone!
I haven't posted here for more than two years :p

I haven't really got pictures of the stuff I've done but if I start some of the bigger stuff I'll make some pictures ;)

Done in the last two years (this doesn't seem a lot but I've been working on a 1979 Leyland Mini Van, a 1951 Austin Sheerline and a 2001 VW Polo Playa as well..):
-Replacing rear hatch lock (scrapyard).
-Removing the anti-resonation box from the inlet system to give it more of a roar when you floor the gas pedal.
-Brakes all round (new)
-Cylinderhead redone by a proper mechanic (fiat coupe turbo 250hp owner) at 128000km (now 136000km)
-new leads and distributor cap, fixed the cold start problems..
-new radiator, new thermostat

Since I'll be finished with my studies in june i've got some work planned on the tipo for the summer months.

-Rust removal above front windscreen, jack points, rear quarter panel, in the boot.
-Replacing the rubber sock at the top of the rear hatch which has dissapeared (and is the reason of the rust in the boot..) at the same time i'll replace the cables that go through for some more flexible new ones. I am playing with the idea of fitting a opel style connector which means the cables wont have to bent each time I open the rear hatch.
-I'm also thinking of stripping the interior partially to ge the weight down.
-And if there's money a bilstein B6/B8 suspension upgrade, should I replace the springs as well when I put new shocks in? I don't want to lower it because if I do I won't be able to get over the speed bump at the end of my street :p
-It could still use the MS Design bumpers but I think I'll drop that plan until everything else is done.

I intend on making it corner better, when I've got that figured out, and I learned to control it properly at speed in corners, only then I'll think about performance upgrades (something in the line of double webers or itb's, throttle response ftw).

I hope the next update won't take me two years :p
Cheers

its a nice old timer mate, i think if rust was never a problem on old motors alot more would have older modles because they look so much better in my opinion !

Back