Technical dredded key fob issue and glow plug light!

Currently reading:
Technical dredded key fob issue and glow plug light!

FRANTIC FRAN

I have a Marea weekend 1.9td :) with 2 problems :confused:
1. I have 3 key fobs and one by one they all stopped working. I went to my local Stoneacre dealer (who know nothing about Fiat as they have only had the franchise for 2 years :mad: !!). The parts dept dissapeared with my Fiat key fob for 5 minutes and returned saying it wasn't the right key fob for the car even though it says Fiat on it. But they had checked the batteries and they were okay (duh - that's because I fitted new ones myself :D !). And therefore they didn't know how to fix it! It is a 2 button key fob (meta system m400 - printed on the back), the car has no alarm, or so I think and just unlocked/locked the doors. Does anyone know how to get these fobs working again?
2. The glow plug warning light stays on for about a minute when the engine is started -- is this just a warning of a faulty glow plug? The car starts and drives perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks, Fran. Oh by the way if anyone has a nsf headlight let me know (apparently there are 2 types, one has a square high beam reflector and the other has round, mine is round).

hi, if the fob is anything like the mare saloon, then it's likely to be the mcro switch(s) these are soldered on by the gossamer thin layer of tin and eventually become open circuit.
look for a silver rectangle with a bit of plastic and four tiny little metal "feet"

these feet (two of them for support ha ha, and two for the switch circuit) work loose. and need to be soldered back on.

TIP! PUT SOLDER ON FEET FIRST AND THEN ATTACH TO PRINTED CIRCUIT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE

a delicate hand is essential!

ELSE £45 PLUS FOR REPLACEMENTS

good luck
james

Hummm, I'm starting to think that the key fobs have been added (not standard) maybe from a Tempra or Tipo. I used to own a Tempra and do remember now :rolleyes: reading something about using the rear vanity light to program the fobs (never had remote locking on my model Tempra though). Can anyone verify this or if it is possible that you can indeed transplant the remote system from Tempra to Marea? :cool:
Cheers, Franc

Back