Technical Brake pads / disks wear issue

Currently reading:
Technical Brake pads / disks wear issue

godol

Just returned from the shop where all brake pads were replaced.

What bothers me is that pads from front right and left rear wheel were much more worn than the others. I belief that Croma has two independent brake sections and they apparently are crossed. Could be that one section brakes much stronger? When braking I don't feel any misbehaviour thus I'm bit confused what caused that difference in worn. Croma has passed tech inspection in April without any problems.

The worst was front right. The pads were completely worn and brake disc looked like 100 000km mileage according to the shop technician.
Front left shown 50% usage.
Unfortunately wear indicator wiring is on the left wheel so I was not noticed on time that pads are worn!

Croma Multijet 2005 120PS 48tkm (30 000 miles)

Interesting my Croma was making a subtle grinding noise when I applied the brakes at first this was only noticeable in quiet cul de sac away from traffic. However after a year and again numerous trips to the dealer the noise became consistent and and was a lot nosier you couldn't fail to notice it. The dealer then said front disc had groove so both front discs replaced and pads at a cost of four hundred plus quid. When i drove off I noticed that the pads warning light was on this had never come on before yet the tech said my old pads were shot odd?. Anyway turns out they had fitted wrong pads so left the car with them new pads fitted with sensor warning light gone. However grinding noise still there left the car again phoned next day come collect the car noise still there refused to take car until fault sorted. Following day phone call car sorted problem back plate was catching, great I thought why couldn't you of resolved issue sooner. Two months on I have the same problem and brakes seem to collapse when applied, I personally think these cars are just a bag of ****.

That sounds more like the one half of the braking system is binding slightly and wearing excessively as a result.

My wear indicator came on today, going to get Rob to have a look for me to see how bad or not the wear is on the brakes / pads.

If needed be, i'll ask FAST to change them for me when there do my oil change, etc.

I'm having ongoing issues with my discs/brakes, there appears to be something sticking, catching to be honest I'm sick of this car and spending money on it however I'm just about to spend more dosh on a full RAC inspection as until I sought the problems I can't get rid.

maybe somebody has the same problem now, and try to solve it by reading this forum ... don't you think ???

Hi all I spoke to a very experienced mechanic at work and all considered he suggested that it has to do with the stability control software. If you read through this issue on the forum this goes back to when they were new, all the mechanical parts are used on other very numerous cars with no issue so it makes sense that this is something unique to the croma! .It might be worth contacting Fiat they may well know about this.

Back