General Doblo ply line/camper conversion.

Currently reading:
General Doblo ply line/camper conversion.

johnnyrad

Hey y'all,

Ive left a couple of threads on the forum in the last couple of months cos i was dead keen on getting a Scudo in decent nick and turning her into a camper/surf bus. However, after listening to a few of you Doblo owners and reading all the good things about them, i went ahead and bagged me one. '2001 plate' 1.9d red, panel van cargo. got 70k on the clock.

Ive been driving it for the last few days and am really impressed by everything about the vehicle, i really think ive made a brilliant choice. The next thing to do is to pimp her out camper style. Im just keeping it basic, just a single bed and some storage. Its only to be used for myself and im not gonna bother doing anything fancy. The van isnt plylined yet so thats what i need advice on. Ive found various kits online fro £110 - £190 but theyre all just inner panel lining, i want the whole enclosed kit from edge to edge and fully covered inside. These kits dont fully cover and leave to much bodywork exposed if you get what im saying.......basically does anyone know how i can get hold of a full edge to edge plyline kit for my doblo, ceiling included??
And also if anyone knows a good type of insulation to use under the ply? a thin loft insulation perhaps, 50mm?? ...... please let me know what you think any advice would be great.
cheers

50mm insulation?
Try Celotex, it has the benefit of a reflective foil on both sides & would be firm enough to support its own weight.
Although the camper conversionis a nice idea, I prefer the simplicity of chucking my pop-up tent, pop up gazebo, airbed & sleeping bag in the back as and when i need them.
I use the gazebo to shelter from the rain, morning dew & sunshine. Overnight I drop the legs so it forms an effective overcover for the tent.

Back