General cinq handbrake to fly-off handbrake

Currently reading:
General cinq handbrake to fly-off handbrake

been hitting a few oil drums while using the handbrake due to the ratchet. so today I stripped and worked out how to make work the oposite to the standard handbrake. looks ugly but works brilliantly!

Attachments

• DSCF7590.JPG
    DSCF7590.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF7591.JPG
    DSCF7591.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF7592.JPG
    DSCF7592.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 70
Rear drums are great for autotesting
I know about that but I also plan on doing sprints. Im going to get a set of new pads for the rear then do some work to get more leverage. at the min I can only pull it up 3 clicks before its solid... hummm

hmm care to explain the reason doing that :D ???
auto testing. going around a course laid out with cones as quick as you can without hitting any cones or taking the wrong test... which is pretty hard at speed on the complicated ones.

anyway the point in the hand brake is on sharp turns (U-turn around one cone or even going around a small group of cones more then once) you can keep the power on (wheels spinning) while regulating the speed with the handbrake. doing this with the handbrake while holding the button in is a pain in the arse. and usualy locked with me unable to release the brake quick enough. (causing you to spin the whole front of the car around the back end taking out a ton of cones :p)

*edit* Its also good when pulling away on a hill or from lights (ahem) as you dont have to hold the button while pushing the lever to the floor. you just flick it up and away you go

Last edited:
Back