european car sales down for almost all except fiat

Currently reading:
european car sales down for almost all except fiat

jug

blessed are the apostates
euro car sales up to end of june 2008
carsalesjune.JPG

check out the right hand column (year to date percentage change) and you'll see fiat are one of the few brands to actually have a year on year sales increase. sure its a very small increase compared to nissan, mini and jag but its a lot better than the majority who are losing sales year on year.

alfa romeo sales are down 34%, they're the worst performing brand in europe (again).

Last edited:
You are either not logged in, not registered or do not have permission for this page!

This could be due to one of several reasons, however it is more likely that you have not subscribed to the AO club. If you have not yet registered, you must do so here before trying to subscribe to our club. (This stage is free)

If you are already registered you may upgrade your account right now, your upgraded account will be active within 5 minutes and will offer many benefits for Alfa Romeo Drivers and fans of the marque! You will also be supporting the continuation of this site and its core development. If you feel that you should have access, please submit a support ticket. Non subscribers should use the contact us link which is answered as soon as we can.

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

royal-fail.jpg

Yeah it is a small increase when you consider Smart has got a 30% increase sales ytd. And dacia too! 37%.....never heard of them until james may kept saying about them on Top gear

Small car sales will go up, odd how some (Suzuki 4 example) buck that trend tho (European?) Time to pinch pennies! Surprised all makers sales havnt taken a dive, time yet I spose...

Last edited:
dacia sales vols are so low that it only takes a small increase to get a big percentage on paper.

if you sell one per month, and then start selling 2, you've had a 100% increase.

Surprised all makers sales havnt taken a dive, time yet I spose...
the EU market as a whole is down 2.7% YTD, which is a very big deal if you compare it to the consistent growth of the last few years. markets are shrinking everywhere, recession is here.

Last edited:
the EU market as a whole is down 2.7% YTD, which is a very big deal if you compare it to the consistent growth of the last few years.

Look out for sales and lower prices for cars already in stock I guess! :D

And dacia too! 37%.....never heard of them until james may kept saying about them on Top gear

How does the Dacia Logan MCV (big station wagon) sell in UK?

I mean, I read very optimistic reviews when the car was released ("basic trim, lack of any luxury but very practical cargo-mover" etc.), but I do not see many of these on the road where I live...:confused:

Fiat is also the manufacturer with the most fuel efficient fleet, and has shown the best year on year improvement. Nissan have moved the other way. Small fuel efficient Fiats that crucially are also nice cars that people want to own don't just happen, they are in the companies DNA and are part of the engineering and managment ethos. I read a paper back in the 60s by Fiat small v large cars backed up by numbers to prove it, it was relevant then and more so now.

Wouldnt it be nice if customers were as happy with their Fiat dealers as they are with the cars fuel efficiency and looks tho...:(

Back