turbo charging a fiat tipo

Currently reading:
turbo charging a fiat tipo

marco86

hello, i just brough a tipo to convert into a turbo, got the engine, loom and every thing i need except one small issue, cant start it, the ecu from the coupe has a key code and i dont want to change the locks or ignition, any one got any ideas?

been told that a lanica delta 2l 16v turbo ECU will do the trick!!!

any got good advice??

thanks

Marco

i assume its to do with the immob, i dont know too much about the 16v system but if its the same as my 20v Turbo conversion was you will need to find someone to decode the ECU so any key can start the car.

an alternative might be to fit the code box from the Coupe? i have heard this works but i didnt do this on mine....

nice conversion by the way (y) i had it on the cards for a track car :cool:

Ry

i had another idea from a mate, get the coupe key, take the key blade out and replace it with a cut key so the ecu from the coupe gets the correct signal and turns over (i hope) or just have to pay £200 for a delta ECU!!!!

what conversion have you got??

also you going pod sunday ?

that wont work unless you have the coupe CODE box that is matched to the ECU....maybe you do?

i paid £30 to GrahamL on FCCUK to decode my ECU for me and i had it back in about 2 days.

i have a coupe 20vT engine in my Marea Weekend.

there is a fella on here, i think his name may be redcar? who can virginise the ECU so it can mate to a new CODE box which i think would solve it but i cant guarantee....

No, i'm afraid i wont be at Pod this weekend :( i have to prep the car for the MOT

Thanks,
Ry

thks i will look the guy up, any other ideas let me know, im having fun lockating brembos for the tipo with the shocks and hubs...loads of people breaking coupe 20v turbos, but no one likes to answer there phones..

Back