Styling Wakey idea wat u think!!!

Currently reading:
Styling Wakey idea wat u think!!!

B1 Pun

i have purchased a set of fli tweeters but they are too big to fit in where the original tweeters went so i have put them on my dashboard!! but i am thinkin putting the just above my interior light because if u have a mk2 have a look there is a sort of void space where it slopes so my idea is run the wiring up the window trim and above the celing and put the surface mounted fixings in the!!! i really want to do it but i feel if i do it and it goes right it will look quality then again if i fcuk it up that whole new celing trim!! the pic gives u a beta idea of where i want it too go!!! Opinions please:):)

Attachments

• DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 51
Think he's going to take the interior light out and fit the tweeters up there...out of interest how do you propose to chase wires up there? Without removing whole interior?

ur idea shud be pretty easy. although, most important this is sound quality. if tweeters are not aimed properly, they'll sound sh*t.

Best way is trial where the tweeters sound best by putting them in different positions using blue tac/ hot glue gun.

A lot of people, including myself mount them on the a-pillars as its not to hard. Here's mine:

a046.jpg

a045.jpg

Easy solution would be mounting them on the dash/ a pillars with hot glue, or fibreglass to a-pillars like mine.

ur idea shud be pretty easy. although, most important this is sound quality. if tweeters are not aimed properly, they'll sound sh*t.

Best way is trial where the tweeters sound best by putting them in different positions using blue tac/ hot glue gun.

A lot of people, including myself mount them on the a-pillars as its not to hard. Here's mine:

a046.jpg

a045.jpg

Easy solution would be mounting them on the dash/ a pillars with hot glue, or fibreglass to a-pillars like mine.

I take it you created those rather nice stock looking pillars out of fibreglass?

yep, made an mdf ring for the tweeter and hot glued in position, covered in an old t-shirt, then painted on some fibreglass. comes out nice n solid ;)

Last edited:
Sorry guys busy wkend!! rite if you look above the interior light either on the pic or in ur Mk2!! you'll see a space above the ceiling thats where i want them i no wat ur sayin about the sound but the whole car bak and front will get it then!! Also i can run the wire up the side of the windscreen panel the across the ceiling!! Wats the verdict then guys (y) or (n)!! or if anyone else has any ideas!!

Back