Technical any locking key wheel

Currently reading:
Technical any locking key wheel

benjohn

help my daughter has just brought a cinquecento 1996 with alloys wheels with fiat locking nuts but the key is missing how can we get the wheels off or get another key thank you

If these are the factory fit ones, then the key number should be in the either the handbook pack or the wheel lock pack.

If they are the splined ones then they can be removed by battering a slightly smaller, older, socket on.

Cheers

PD

If it is the FIAt locking nut, try your local FIAT dealer.

Otherwise, all cures are destructive. If it's not the cylindrical kind, tap an old socket onto the nut (not too tight as you'll need to get the socket off again). This destroys the nuts, but you can find replacement locking nuts (thread is 12mm x 1.25) very cheap on eBay.

Ha. Beaten to the draw bt Rallycinq again!

Last edited:
Thank you
For the hep ref locking nuts for the wheels now we have a problem with the horn not working.When pressing the horn it seems to make a clicking noise from behind the dash board is it the relay not working if the cinq has a relay fitted

The clicking noise is the relay working. Now go look for the rusty mess that was a horn, down near the dim dip relay on the front panel.

Its possible the horn is OK, but the cables have corroded, but a test light will show if you are getting power.

Cheers

PD

most tyre fitting places should be able to get your old locking bolts off, best solution before removal would be to ask the last owner, they probably just forgot to give the key to you, often they are kept away from the car.

I am with rallycinq on the horn issue
I was in same situation a couple of weeks ago the day before my MOT, realising the horn didnt work I took the horn off and dismantled it as I recently went through a massive puddle, although a few drips came out of it the horn seemed fine, however the female spade connector on the vehicle wiring was slack, plus had some corrosion, with it replaced and horn back in it all worked perfect.

Back