General mk1 punto cigarette lighter not working

Currently reading:
General mk1 punto cigarette lighter not working

treefingers

sorry just posted this twice once in the panda section by mistake sorry again,
ok then heres a strange one for you, had our car stereo nicked and they cut the wires leading to the stereo instead of taking the clips anyhoo, they blew fuses and i have replaced them all, BUT the clock works and interior lights etc but the cigarette lighter wont work at all nothing nada. i understand from the manual that they all come from the same fuse leader but nothing, and now using a satnav isnt really possible as cant keep it running on mains.

any idea as i have racked my and the manuals brains

thanks in advance
Treefingers

mk1 punto 75 :)

Hi,

If they cut the wires for your radio they may have also cut the wire to your lighter socket, particulalry likely if they have a common earth or power input. As they share the same fuse I assume they share common wiring?

Don't know how easy it is on the mark 1 but if you can pop the lighter socket out you could measure the voltage between the +ve input and a good earth. If that is okay then measure the resistance/do a continuity test for the -ve electrode. that would help identify where the problems is.

Hopefully a more experienced member will be able to give more definitive advice.

im pretty sure it is a common wireing loomwat style dask do you have ? is your stereo at the top or bottom ?

ill try and find out at work today ! then let you know later if no one else has managed to help you !

Last edited:
Back