General Re-mapped GP 1.9 MJet, How Quick?

Currently reading:
General Re-mapped GP 1.9 MJet, How Quick?

Westwell11

has ene 1 done any test/timing through gears or off the line after having their Gp remapped ? as i am boooked in for saturday with Nige!! and i curiouse :D :D(y)

has ene 1 done any test/timing through gears or off the line after having their Gp remapped ? as i am boooked in for saturday with Nige!! and i curiouse :D :D(y)

Umm it *Should* be better than standard (y). Careful with Angel tuning, make sure you check the smoke output under full load as people all over the net have reported problems with these people.

Unfotunatly you cannot get remapped properly without a rolling road so it kinda makes it hard for mobile tuners.

As for the power increase if you attain anything over 160bhp it will make a world of difference. ITs the massive torque increase thats the best :). I don't think anyone has done any official performance testing :chin:.

The advantages of a remapped GPS MJet aren't seen with off the line 0-60 times. Doing this with an increase to 170-180bhp really shows the car up for 'not' being designed/equipped for this type of punishment.....it's extremely crashy and jolts through the gears uncomfortably compared to a quick petrol. The benefits can be enjoyed with smooth and powerful mid-range gear changes and a remap actually makes for a fast, yet more relaxing and efficient drive.

Last edited:
Mine's remapped by Angel and I have no problem with excessive smoke... the bloke driving behind me might though! :D

Seriously though I put BP ultimate in mine and it does burn pretty clean even when booting it to be honest...The only time I have been unhappy with the smoke has been using Morrisons fuel, not sure why their's should produce more smoke, but it does.

As regards performance, as mentioned through the gears truly shows the cars added potential 0-60's are painful for the car and to watch. I've done several in mine...pre map 0-60 was 9.63, post was 8.01, with me (15st) and Nige (who aint no slim jim:)) on board.

Since then had it timed with an accurate GPS device at 7.7 seconds with just a driver and no passengers.

A remap makes an already enjoyable car to drive even better, enjoy the difference!

So which will actually be quickest - GP Abarth, or 1.9 Sporting with Remap?

Or is this a silly question?

So which will actually be quickest - GP Abarth, or 1.9 Sporting with Remap?

Or is this a silly question?

Yes it is a silly question and will be discussed to death as it has many times. The GP abarth will no doubt be faster on a track mostly because of the enhanced handling and revier engine. I have a feeling this engine won't be too receptive to remapping tbh.

The GPS with remap however would be faster for all everyday to day type driving where mid range grunt is more fun and all out power the look on all the repmobiles faces is priceless as you effortlessly over take them even when they are flat out :devil:.

Yes it is a silly question and will be discussed to death as it has many times. The GP abarth will no doubt be faster on a track mostly because of the enhanced handling and revier engine. I have a feeling this engine won't be too receptive to remapping tbh.

The GPS with remap however would be faster for all everyday to day type driving where mid range grunt is more fun and all out power the look on all the repmobiles faces is priceless as you effortlessly over take them even when they are flat out :devil:.
Well that's what I was thinking tbh - just didn't know if the Abarth figures weren't being as flattering as they should be?

I just don't understand why they've made the standard Abarth so weak? Sure, the SS kit can push it up to ~180bhp (at a steep price increase), but the Abarths used in rallying for the past couple of years are all 2 litre engines. Can't understand why they didn't offer closer to 180bhp as standard... :confused:

Last edited:
Well that's what I was thinking tbh - just didn't know if the figures weren't being as flattering as they should be?

I just don't understand why they've made the standard Abarth so weak? Sure, the SS kit can push it up to ~180bhp (at a steep price increase), but the Abarths used in rallying for the past couple of years are all 2 litre engines. Can't understand why they didn't offer closer to 180bhp as standard... :confused:

I reckon give it a year and they'll stick the new 1.8 TB engine in... Or make the 'esseesse' version factory fit like Mini have with the JCW.

So basically a 17k Abarth Essesse is only just faster than a 10k 1.9 Sporting with remap? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mine's remapped by Angel and I have no problem with excessive smoke... the bloke driving behind me might though! :D

Seriously though I put BP ultimate in mine and it does burn pretty clean even when booting it to be honest...The only time I have been unhappy with the smoke has been using Morrisons fuel, not sure why their's should produce more smoke, but it does.

As regards performance, as mentioned through the gears truly shows the cars added potential 0-60's are painful for the car and to watch. I've done several in mine...pre map 0-60 was 9.63, post was 8.01, with me (15st) and Nige (who aint no slim jim:)) on board.

Since then had it timed with an accurate GPS device at 7.7 seconds with just a driver and no passengers.

A remap makes an already enjoyable car to drive even better, enjoy the difference!

At last, somebody that talks a bit of sense.
Sick of hearing this crap about Angel remaps being inferior to the red dot one. Ever heard about "horses for courses".
My Angel remap does exactley what they said it would and exactly what I wanted. Nige said that I should use a good brand of diesel such as Shell or BP and there will be NO smoke. He was correct. No problems with a blown Turbo and I have now got 38000 miles out of an Angel re map. Lots of torque which is the true measurement of engine power by the way, not excessive BHP. I did not want a drag strip car I wanted a Fiat that could overtake many higher powered cars and a motor that can put a smile on my face plus a car that is reliable. An Angel re map has done that.

(y):D. Cheers Stu.

GP Abarth is too slow.

The Corsa VXR is 189bhp standard and is hitting 62 in 6.8 seconds.

And Vauxhall have just announced the limited edition corsa VXR 'arctic' with 207bhp...

9080717.004.Mini1L.jpg

Last edited:
Back