Technical Brake Fluid Reservoir Replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Fluid Reservoir Replacement

Guys,

My girlfriend's mk2 1.2 Punto has an intermittent fault. The brake fluid level light flashes intermittently, but especially when cornering. The fluid level is fine, and we have disconnected the handbrake switch to eliminate that as the cause. That leaves the actual level sensor as a possible cause of the problem. When we unplug that, the intermittent fault goes away.

I assume that the reservoir and level sensor are the same unit, that must be replaced. From what I can see, the reservoir is held on by two bolts at the top, and is connected to the car via three hoses and the clip to the sensor. Is there any special trick to replacing the reservoir? I assume that I can just disconnect the hoses, plug them up and then do the swap, filling the new one with fresh fluid. Am I likely to introduce any airlocks doing this?

Many thanks,

Mike

Brake level is up to the 'MAX' marking in the reservoir, so it is definitely not the fluid level itself. The light comes on mainly when cornering, but also intermittently too. The local garage have said it is the sensor, but that it is not worth replacing. However, it will be worth replacing if I do it myself.

Cheers,

Mike

Back