General Resolution (Where's a good dealership given the one I bought my car from is rubbish)

Currently reading:
General Resolution (Where's a good dealership given the one I bought my car from is rubbish)

Damiano

So after almost two months of me chasing them up, being told I'd be called back and never being called back, fiat customer services and arnold clark customer services, I've now reached some closure on my ongoing saga with the alarm.

Dealer's Conclusion: No alarm was ordered with my car, they don't have to stick an alarm in the car, the only refund I'm due is the 50 quid difference between interscope (which couldn't be ordered) and ESP (which was ordered in its place).

This basically boils down to the salesman who sold me the car screwing my order up and, because he's not working there anymore - probably due to not having half a clue - they have no grounds to accept my proof that the price I was quoted includes the alarm.

Pragmatically, I still got the car cheaper than it shoulda been and they gave me more cash for part exchange than I was expecting. Still it's the principle of the thing.

Sales manager accepts my intent to never deal with that dealership again but never sought to rectify the situation any form of goodwill gesture.

So... Recommendations please on a dealership in the West Midlands that's NOT Arnold Clark Oldbury. I live in the centre of Birmingham but I work up Twycross, so anywhere in between would be nice!!

I think its unfair to condem a whole dealership due to one salesman, however as you say you got good price for car so why not simply come to a gentlemans agreement, both parties go 50/50 on the alarm? Your faith is restored & garage retains you as a customer.

I appreciate where you guys are coming from assuming that I haven't got perspective on the whole picture and there's higher powers at work that I can't possibly begin to comprehend. Let me put your minds at rest :)

This is a reflection of the entire dealership in the 6 months since I put the deposit down on my car - if it was just one useless salesman that'd be ok because I'd be able to potentially deal with someone else. This was an issue from many salesmen through to management, which is why the place has had wholesale changes and people have been booted but that's no use to me because the damage has been done.

Pragmatism definitely eliminates much of the bitter taste in my mouth and I love the suggestion of a gentlemans agreement, but surely the onus should lie with the manager to try and win back my confidence? I've chased this far, far, far too much.

I already posted about the shafting I was getting: https://www.fiatforum.com/500/149714-attention-new-buyers-something-keep-mind.html

This basically boils down to the salesman who sold me the car screwing my order up and, because he's not working there anymore - probably due to not having half a clue - they have no grounds to accept my proof that the price I was quoted includes the alarm.

But you have an Arnold Clark order form correctly specced with an alarm.

Na this is the problem - cos of my flagrant attitude towards optioning there wasn't enough space in the notes section to show them all after entering them as notes so I made them print out the entire order notes. One entry reflects the notes on the 'new vehicle order form', the second entry is only mentioned in copy of the order notes page I asked the salesman to print out for me so I had reference. The second entry has a load of options that are on the car, they're not mentioned on the order form either but I got them. Difference being they're factory fit as opposed to dealer fit.

I'm tempted to scan the forms I was given to give a clear cut idea of what I'm talking about for folk not familiar with these forms.

Ok here's the forms I was given

New Vehicle Orderform (with loads of secret stuff blurred out)

Close-up of vehicle section - the red box in the previous photo. Ran out of space in the notes section.

The system used to enter the notes, the green boxes correspond apart from the sub cos there wasn't enough space to complete the entry.

How's that? :)

This is the same form I got from my local AC (Dundee).
I can clearly see Alarm on the 1st pic and I believe you are correct in sticking to your guns. If they pissed me about like they have you I wouldn't put any more business their way simple as that.
Whatever happened to the customer is always right?
I have the original one from my order but still have to nip in and collect my copy of the updated one as I added the 16" 5 O spoke alloys to my order. That plus the fact that the original salesman I dealt with has been given the tin-tack (2 days after my sale) and I have been given another salesman.
The sales manager did phone and inform me of this developement so I had a point of contact.
Does get you thinking though and I will be checking the amended order to ensure it is all correct.

Last edited:
Right my interpretation of the situation from your posts and the order form and most importantly your shot of the notes section of Salesmans Office.

Firstly your origial salesman and the salesman who took over your order are not at fault.

Your shot of Salesmans Office is your key piece of proof. It clearly shows that at the point of the picture 2 notes had been sent to Vehicle admin. The salesman did his job.

At some point between vehicle admin and your delivery the alarm has been omitted from your order. As the alarm is dealer fit we can rule out a mistake with Fiat.

My best guess is that vehicle admin never added the alarm to your order and at that point it was forgotten.

Without your picture of Salesmans Office it is simply your word against theres, with them possibly not knowing they were wrong. Sales manager may just consult order form and vehicle admin file. Which would not show the alarm.

I'm not completely sure of your legal standpoint with the proof you have.
Never had to deal with a wrong order in the time I sold.
But if you haven't realised what you had I'd try again and if they still won't accept it, tell them your going to contact franchise manager, and if you have no luck with him trading standards.

I won't give his name on the form but if it comes to it. PM me and I'll tell you.

Damiano, now I realsie its you I see on the A444 in the morning after I have dropped my son off at school in Twycross, I live at Appleby Magna, but I am usually in my BMW or wifes Golf giving you the thumbs up!

I bought my 500 from Norris Bros in Tamworth, they have been brilliant. Tiny dealership, but helpful in an old school way. Give them a go !

Sales is John Waller, mention me, Mark Vaughan, I am sure they can give you some faith back ?

Damiano, now I realsie its you I see on the A444 in the morning after I have dropped my son off at school in Twycross, I live at Appleby Magna, but I am usually in my BMW or wifes Golf giving you the thumbs up!

I bought my 500 from Norris Bros in Tamworth, they have been brilliant. Tiny dealership, but helpful in an old school way. Give them a go !

Sales is John Waller, mention me, Mark Vaughan, I am sure they can give you some faith back ?

Twycross and Appleby Magna. Not far from me in Market Bosworth. I'll give you a wave if I see you out and about in my Mod Blue Lounge.

Beast:
Thanks very much for your suggestions - I got back in touch with customer services and they're looking into it further.

Mark and Dizzy:
I'm now on the look out :)

Back