Styling White? Yes but with titanium wheels.

Currently reading:
Styling White? Yes but with titanium wheels.

christos

[8D] So, my new 3d 1.6 dynamic arrived today in white as ordered almost a month ago. A few remarks: Anyone who is considering buying a new 3d Stilo, do not discard white when it comes to choice of color. The car looks just great, plus you get some interesting advantages: a) You save money (no extra charge for metallic color) to spend on something else, b) Dust doesn't show on it, so you spend much less money on car washing, c) Interior stays much cooler on sunny days, and the airconditioning has to work less intensely to get rid of the heat d) Minor scratches don't show on the paint e) In the unhappy event of body work needed after some accident, it is much more likely that newly painted parts will match the original color and f) You add on safety, as statistics show that white cars are the ones least involved in traffic accidents (probably easier to spot during night time by other drivers?). As far as looks are concerned, the 3d version has many black parts (front grille and air intakes on the front bumper, the side and rear window frames, the door and rear bumper protective bands) which along with the big red rear light "arrows" contrast very beautifully with white and the car looks anything but dull (which is what most white versions of other modern cars look, eg Golf, Civic, Corolla etc, Ford Focus excluded). In fact the dealer, who was initially very much against white, said the car looked amazing when he greeted me at the door, and is considering a white vehicle for the show room. People will probably say that most of the aforementioned advantages are also true for steel grey and sassi grey, but hey, every car on the street is these colors today... There is however one minor setback in going for the white 3d Stilo:
The standard 16" alloy wheels don't look that nice because they are too light-colored (almost white under bright sunlight) themselves, and contrast poorly with the body color. From the first moment I set my eyes on the car however, the idea of changing the original alloys for titanium-colored ones sprang to mind, and I'm pretty convinced that the car will look much better on them. So, here comes the question: Do FIAT produce a titanium version of the standard dynamic 16" wheels? I know there is a 17" titanium set available as an option, but a)The wheels are not snow chain - compatible b)You have to change to 225-50 tyres which is too sporty for me. Any help is much appreciated. I will post car images on www.stilo.org as soon as possible, just to get a white one there too.

Thanks for listening everybody, bye-bye!

PS: If you are considering a MW or a 5d version however, don't even think of getting a white one, as much of the black decoration details of the 3d are missing and the car looks much less attractive.

Kaloriziko! Kalotaksido!

[8D]

pantelis
Fiat Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, love the sky window though!

When I ordered my car in February this year, I asked for the 17" alloys. I also asked if I could have the 'smoked' version, but was told they were only for the Abarth :(

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

christos you got that things about right... I was also deciding on the color and I am a kind of guy that doesnt say just: I like black... [8D] I figured out on the end that white and yellow are the best looking for Stilo (metalic and dark colors do not express the sports character of the car mainly beacuse of the black grills in the front, which can be substituted with silver ones to make it look better). so I decided for white (I figured I would get tired of yellow). to sum up: the car looks great with 17" alloy wheels even they are not dimmed... just have to get those black stripes painted on the bumpers and sides.

As I said on one of my posts here : https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12009&whichpage=2
I was considering a white Stilo Abarth. Some of the pics iv'e seen really enhance the shape of the stilo and after cleaning my Black focus and finding even more minor scratches (the cars only 2 years old) then I am without a doubt going for a white Stilo.. Please post some pics for us Christos :) or send me some by emailing me from my profile..Thanx

2002 Ford Focus Zetec Black [V] ....Soon to be 2005 Fiat Stilo Abarth Selespeed White [^]

i'll try to find some time to do some shots of my car to give you an example... just have to wash it first (expect them in about 5 days) :)

Nice one Zviti. I have never seen a white Stilo from the back . So some pics from all angles would be nice...

2002 Ford Focus Zetec Black [v] ....Soon to be 2005 Fiat Stilo Abarth Selespeed White [^]

i'm taking pictures of the car tomorrow (so you won't be nervous :D). i did one simple and good looking mod today: i just found a pair of white holders for the licence plate (in Slovenia we have white licence plates) and it looks great. i never thought that such a small thing can make a change. highly recomended for owners of white cars (even looks beter than sticked plates).

@ christos

Hi, white Stilo is nice indeed

bianco1.JPG

you wrote :

f) You add on safety, as statistics show that white cars are the ones least involved in traffic accidents (probably easier to spot during night time by other drivers?).

:) What statistics say about yellow color of cars [?]

Greets

[image]http://autokacik.pl/files/272355874-top_stilo.jpg[/image]
Abarth, SkyWindow, Alloys 17", Side Skirts, 8 Air Bags, Xenon Lights, Memory&Heated Seats

here they are... finally ;). hope I helped a little to those that are deciding on the color.

PICT0002_resize.JPG

PICT0003_resize.JPG

PICT0005_resize.JPG

PICT0006_resize.JPG

PICT0008_resize.JPG

all i can say is WOW.... thats concluded it for me white is what im gettin... Thanks for the pics.. they are cool

2002 Ford Focus Zetec Black [v] ....Soon to be 2005 Fiat Stilo Abarth Selespeed White [^]

the black strip on the side has got to be colour coded like the one above though;):)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newheadrub1.JPG
newheadrub2.JPG
sigpic.JPG

i found one picture of white version (don't know whose car this is). i'll do my best to make mine look exactly like this when i am finished with it ;) ...side stripes are white and there is one simple and very good looking front spoiler (i think this is a product from MS Design).

5.jpg

What U think about it ? It's not white but looks cool :D

merkur02.jpg

[image]http://autokacik.pl/files/272355874-top_stilo.jpg[/image]
Abarth, SkyWindow, Alloys 17", Side Skirts, 8 Air Bags, Xenon Lights, Memory&Heated Seats

White cars are s**te, the paint ages quicker- and needs more TLC. saying that though, it needs less TLC than red. After a couple of years that is a bastard to keep red as it keeps going pink.

My last car was red. Now I have a black stilo- which is showing no major marks after a year on the road

Back