General do i NEED new discs

Currently reading:
General do i NEED new discs

i just bought new pads for the front and back, now I'm wondering if i NEED to get new discs or will these rusty rotas be OK for another set of pads? the cars done under 30k.
You should change discs when they've worn too thin (check the lip on the outside of the disc) not because they've got a bit of rust of them.

At 30k I'd say there's NO chance your rears need changing unless you use the brake pedal as footrest ;)

thanks,
there's probably a <1mm lip on all of the discs, they don't look thin at all really, i don't want to have to change them if its not necessary but if they will need doing in under 5k miles then i may as well do them now.

thanks,
there's probably a <1mm lip on all of the discs, they don't look thin at all really, i don't want to have to change them if its not necessary but if they will need doing in under 5k miles then i may as well do them now.

1mm is nothing mate,you got a few mm left after that, you should be fine with another set of pads.;)

Plenty of life left in those discs.

A lip round the edge is normal after a while but they don't automatically need replacing.

Back