Windows media player

Currently reading:
Windows media player

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Do i have permission to ask a really dumb question? :eek:

I dont have windows media player on my comp... well i dont have anything but the internet (long story).

If i go to windows website and download windows media player 9 should it work? Or is that just an add on for someone thats already got media player? :confused:

Umm is there any real difference? I've had winamp in the past (about a yr ago) and i wasnt that impressed tbh.

I want something that means i can get kazaa and download music again?

Have you guessed im not very good with computers yet? :D

Yes, i second that, will work fine :)

I really like Media Player these days and dislike both realplayer, winamp and also musicmatch these days, I am becoming too much of an MS fan!

Never heard of real player or music match :eek:

Well i downloaded it (with my super fast connection :D:D:D) and it doesnt do anything? Should a box say install appear or do i have to do things myself :S

Lora, I would striongly advise you to avoid kazaa these days, go for a paid for subscription like napster etc. I could provide you with a few other names of possible software but I don't agree with the stealing of music UNLESS with good reason (i.e. testing albums to see if you like it or maybe getting a song you can't find elsewhere).

IMO Media Player is the best player for most users....

find the place where you saved it and double click it :) If that doesn't work, download again, make sure you click "Save to disc" and remember where you saved it...

Musicmatch was one of the first decent CD rippers (i.e. turning CDs into MP3s) Realplayer is more useful for internet radio and stuff. The interfaces of winamp and realplayer lack in my opinion compared to both musicmatch and media player (the best)

i agree ... kazaa is fulll of spyware, not good. i use winmx.com to get music from, then if i do like it, i buy it. its rarely got viruses in, and people are generous with music. in regards to where your media player will be.. check the directory you d/l to (prob my docs) and there should be a software installer there

Wish i hadnt have said my intentions after getting media player now.

Paul i wouldnt mind paying for napster or similar BUT i dont listen to mainstream music/ chart music/ or bands most people have heard of. For this reason i cant get the songs i want from napster as they're just not available and when they are very few users have the files so it takes ages to download. With Kazaa lots and lots of people use it therefore the songs i want are avaliable and they're quick to download :)

i used to use kazaa and kazaalite.. but i was getting viruses daily.. so switch to mx, which is still free ... and just as illegal ;)

It's your choice, it's not harming anyone physically so it's not the sort of thing I would have a huge go at anybody about....

Have you tried napster recently? I wouldn't considering the high cost IMO; it's a farce and a missed oppotunity

Stuart DemonD said:
If you pay the sub for Kazaa, does that mean you get rid of the inherent spyware problem with the lite version??

i dont think so, it just gets rid of the banner ads et doesnt it?

i still prefer ti buy music, in cd format, i use mx mainly just to see if i like the songs prior to buying them

IMO media player is awful and always breaks and hardly supports any file formats at all! Real player is much better!

I use WinMX to download music, i dont like mainstream stuff either but after a few searches WinMX will find what im looking for. And unlike Kasaa you dont get a popup every second! With your nice new super super fast internet Lora you'l be able to download stuff in seconds!!! :D

Back