General Exclusive! World's only 20v Supercharged Marea

Currently reading:
General Exclusive! World's only 20v Supercharged Marea

This is my work in progress
Image014.jpg

osf.jpg

Re: Modded Marea Weekend - check it out!!!

Very nice!

So is that a road going car or a track machine?
(noticed the lack of front reg plate)

It will be intresting to see what you do with the back end, being limited by the folding tailgate, though some people sacrifice that to fit massive exhausts
that get in the way.

you just need some spacers on the sheels now if it will take them!

Its my every day work car (about 30,000miles a year)
car has twin side exit exhausts
Image040.jpg

150 shot nitrous
engine.jpg

the engine bay is starting to look a bit better than in these pictures.
I will post more picks as the project moves along

That supercharged beasty looks awesome! Wish i had the time to do something like that, but any mods i do will be 'bolt on' only,,,stuff you can
start and finish on the same day.

I've just copied hellcat and put some 20v couple alloys on mine.
I needed a few tyres and just happened to find a set with decent tryes on and they had all just been refurbed. £190 the lot!
I know 4 spokes aren't everybodies cup of tea but they suit the shape of the car really well and look like they could have come with it.

Window tints next,,maybe an induction kit and that's me done. I can't start spending more money on the marea,,the house needs doing first!

I have a dodgy noise (almost forgot about that), it's in another post (search 'marea noise' if anybody fancies a shot at it?:confused:

I've just copied hellcat and put some 20v couple alloys on mine.
I needed a few tyres and just happened to find a set with decent tryes on and they had all just been refurbed. £190 the lot!

£190 is a good price if all tyres have plenty of tread.

i thought hellcat sold his? i remember wanting to buy them when they were advertised but i didnt have the cash at the time and the tyres were wrong size.

Yep, 5mm on all 4 and they are michelins.

Got em from ebay, £190 was the starting bid but there was no other interest in them. They were collection only in Darlington so I thought (and hoped) there would be nobody else watching them,,,,there aren't many coupes or mareas around here. Apart from one almost the same as mine on the next street down,,,,lightning never strikes twice,,,my bottom!

I took it for a test drive last night on some sweeping bends around the darlington bypass (nice smooth tarmac) and it handles like a dream.
Before, it always felt a bit light and quite scary over 70mph. the slighest gust of wind would sent it sideways :eek: but it's on rails now.
The 215/50/R16 fill the arches nicely, and don't mess up the speedo being about 2mm bigger than the original steelies overall. The extra width looks amazing though. They don't stick out the sides and look daft but just come out far enough.

Very pleased with them!!!(y)

How come hellcats tyres were too big,,,for a bravo? thought the arches were same size as a marea?

Last edited:

How come hellcats tyres were too big,,,for a bravo? thought the arches were same size as a marea?

i've dropped it 45mm, and with my current 195/50/15 tyres its very close on the front and rear arches (although never catches), i dont think i'd manage 16s unless i had 195/45 tyres, maybe 215/45 at a push, but i wouldnt want bigger.

Back