General Fiat ulysse rear sliding door wont open from outside, help!

Currently reading:
General Fiat ulysse rear sliding door wont open from outside, help!

steven83

:mad:Just got a 2003 fiat ulysse yesterday. I cant get the rear sliding door to open when i pull handle so i have to open front door and open it from inside. Does anyone know what the problem is or what i can do?:confused:

this is common fault, mine does it (2000) and there are several others that have or have had this issue.

Cure is to replace the outer door handle.

Mine is intermittent, I just push on the door from the outside a little, and it always seems to open.

I have an extract from the haynes manual as to how to replace the handle if it will help, but it is from the Mk1 ulysse, not the Mk2.

Hi We have a 03 Ulysse. The manually operated sliding doors always will not open when the door handle is tried and the car is locked. We have to open teh door from inside (easy enought to do) & then they work fine. If they are not touched when teh car is locked they work fine. (this is difficult with young children running to get in the car !)otherwise they are fine & work OK.

I have not yet discovered if this is a feature or a bug!

There seems to be some interesting settings available for the onboard computer this may be one of them?

Back