Technical Skywindow won't shut

Currently reading:
Technical Skywindow won't shut

hywyn

Hi,
My Skywindow won't shut. My mechanic believes the fault has to do with the curtain. Anyone come across this one before?

Cheers,
Steve

yes well detailed here..search for answer.

Thanks but I already tried that. Searches reveal others that have had a similar problem but no fixes other than a button to reset the sky roof.

When it first became a problem (on a family holiday in the rain) I eventually managed to shut the sky roof and took out the fuses. That's how it has remained until the other day when my mechanic had a further look. Although it continued to fox him he deduced that the problem is with the curtain. He didn't have the time to investigate any farther and took the fuses out again and after several attempts at shutting the sky roof!

Cheers,
Steve

unlikely to be the curtain, does it actually open? what exactly is the fault?

When attempting to shut the sky roof it will go one stage forward and then two back until eventually it won't budge.
My mechanic detected an electrical spark / charge from the curtain fuse, nothing more diagnostic than that, although he had spent some time on it.

Steve

resistance on the glass causes this, the motor senses this resistance & it opens the glass. Try lubricating the runners first, cheapest & easiest things first(y)

Thanks! Is WD40 ok for this?

Steve

Back