General Fiat panda 750

Currently reading:
General Fiat panda 750

Snaphappyalex

Just a few quick questions, But I have a dying urge to have them answered. =P
A. What is the MPG on them
B. Any idea on the 0-60?
C. (Stupid question) Is the insurance cheaper than on the 1.0L?
D. How difficult are the engines to work on?
E. Is there a FIRE 750?

Average in our 750L was 38MPG, Round town, dual. (This being me a youngest with heavy right foot:p)

Yes, cheaper than the 1.0, esspecially for youngsters!

0-60, gave up counting, but weight does affect them hughly, but they're not designed for speed, even though mine cruised nicely at 80 before the mainfold problem which now persists:mad:

As already said, they are the FIRE engines, and look just the same under the bonnet at the 1.0, and are just as easy to work on(y)

Thanks for that =)
Good to hear some supportive answers.

Thats ok, and another - If look after the 750's and most Panda's will go on for a long while. Our 750L has 113000miles on the clock and dad's 1000CL 115004 exactly (turned it on the way back from Norwich today:p)

I've seen Panda with 150000 on the clock, so they should all be good for that if looked after(y)

When I get a 750, I'm firstly concentrating on getting the MOST mpg possible out of the engine, Then it's mostly restoration

All those gadgets are a complete waste of money and better put in your tank as fuel. Just make sure that the engine is tuned and looked after and everything that turns is running free. Simple things like tyre pressure affect MPG, driving with the window open, all that kind of stuff.

As the engine is turning anything that has a load on it mops up BHP and MPG so the least load will benefit, such as an over tightened fan belt, poor condition roller bearings, water instead of coolant that causes corrosion and hampers the water pump.

:confused:, Getting on with what?

It's getting painted and conditioned for next years trip (if my back is sorted by then), mandapanda supplied a couple of doors that need painted from Black to white with new trim lines etc as well as a bit of welding here and there :)

Interior needs re done and the drivers seat re filled, it' also currently a 4 sp box so maybe make it a 5

Last edited:
Thats ok, and another - If look after the 750's and most Panda's will go on for a long while. Our 750L has 113000miles on the clock and dad's 1000CL 115004 exactly (turned it on the way back from Norwich today:p)

I've seen Panda with 150000 on the clock, so they should all be good for that if looked after(y)

:eek: mines not even run in you then, i on about 40k

I regard to fuel economy and what was mentioned about keeping everything that turns free. Front calipers are prone to hang on causing drag which wont help matters.

Had pandas and unos, same calipers on both and wasn't unusual to have to strip, clean and lube the assemblys twice a year. Sometime when in the early stages its not particularly apparent either until the squealing begins or when you end your journey and get out and get a niff the distinct smell of lightly fried pads but by then who knows how much extra fuel has been used.

Worth jacking it up once in while a just spin the wheels make sure they turn nice and free.

As said, don't fall for all the bullsh!t cheap crap that make big claims but deliver sod all. Thankfully those magical 20bhp overfuelling resistors are yesterday's news.

There was a good letter in Honest John's column in Saturday's Telegraph detailing fuel economy of a 406 coupé (think it was a 2.0 petrol). Almost 40mpg with smooth driving and minimal use of the brakes. His wife couldn't get anywhere near because she used the brakes too much.

There's thousands of articles around detailing how to improve MPG - it's probably taken many people until £1.20 a litre to notice their driving isn't up to scratch.

Back