General 4 wheel alignment at fiat

Currently reading:
General 4 wheel alignment at fiat

Steely

Dislikeskeyboardwarriors
right went to find out about 4 wheel alignment today,

£90 plus vat, are they taking the pee??

then i got a load of waffle off a guy who said it allows them to adjust the camber of the fronts, whats he on about???

Tow i can understand,,,, but camber,,, errrr its a fixed camber mate.....

is it really a 2 hour jub too just to set trackrod ends??

if 90 quid is the going rate i'll stick with manual type that most garages have for 20 quid...

There is a camber adjustment option in the top mount, not visible until you pull out the whole thing - but it is worthless as you can't adjust camber on the hub...

Coilovers often have camber adjustment visible from the engine bay at the top mount, but still, the top mount of the Stilo is pretty strange, as it is not fixed to the bodywork at all. It is just pressed up there and with a nut holding it so it would not fall out when jacking up the car (or jumping).

M.

There is a camber adjustment option in the top mount, not visible until you pull out the whole thing - but it is worthless as you can't adjust camber on the hub...
Yes; I don't think there's any question that a small adjustment is possible but it just seems so hit & miss.

One good thing that came out of my spring changing saga is that whilst the car started off at near to end of tolerance on camber (presumably out of factory), it's now (after changing springs twice) well within tolerance :)

Cheers for the advice guys!, just got back from national tyres, tracking set... it was towing out -7 degrees ,

drives dead straight now, no pulling to one side and steers ten times better!

and 4 wheel alignment for 25 quid!,,, bargain

and in regards to the rear torsion beam he checked that too.. said it was fine... the axles are set in relation to the chassis, not the bodywork!

so all good!

Last edited:
Cheers for the advice guys!, just got back from national tyres, tracking set... it was towing out -7 degrees ,

drives dead straight now, no pulling to one side and steers ten times better!

Same applied to me. The car now drives staight. I don't know how much in degrees, but it was towing out 15 mm. No wonder where the inner wear came from. They also tried to take up any slack according to the Fiat tire wear/suspension bulletin - but this was in top shape.

Morten.

my rear passenger side is out, and theres no adjustment on that, and its pretty much screwed the alignment for the rest of the wheels :bang:

i got mine done at north easter tires in york, they also have a new one in knaresborough, was about £25 i think and it has a 1 year warranty on it so i can go back and get it done when my new tires are fitted :D

(p.s. ben you need new sig with new wheels) ;)

Back