General Fiat Ulysse 2.0L 'P' Plate.. Engine oil Query..

Currently reading:
General Fiat Ulysse 2.0L 'P' Plate.. Engine oil Query..

Hi Guys,

I have a Fiat Ulysse 2.0L Petrol, on a 'P'' Plate. I am going to have a fll service on it.

Is there anyone here that could confirm the Engine oil grading for me please? ie. 15w 40 semi synthetic etc.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Best Wishes,

Jamie.

Hi Guys,

I have a Fiat Ulysse 2.0L Petrol, on a 'P'' Plate. I am going to have a fll service on it.

Is there anyone here that could confirm the Engine oil grading for me please? ie. 15w 40 semi synthetic etc.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Best Wishes,

Jamie.

What's a P reg? (I'm Dutch) i.e. which year?

Should be an rfu engine according to a dutch parts site I've got here. Looks like it's got hydraulic valves like mine (1999 2.0 16v EL - RFV engine). According to my book my newer type engine uses 10W40 semi synthetic oil, so I'm quite sure yours needs semi synthetic as well. Fiat have official Selenia brand, but you pay for it & I'm quite sure it's marketing.
But with hydraulic valves a full synthetic oil like 5w30 (thin) or 5w40 (slightly thicker) can be used as well. Plus point is that the valves fill quicker in cold temperature conditions with a full synthetic oil, minus point is, that if you have high mileage, the full synthetic oil cleans your whole engine from carbon deposits, sometimes parts which you do not want cleaned like the valve seats which might mean pressure loss and that the engine might start using oil. You know your car/what mileage you have and what shape it is in and how cold it is and if your valves tick a bit or not when you drive away in the winter. Good luck with your choice, hope I've helped you.

Thanks for the replies Guys.

Sorry for not popping back on - I've been extremely busy.

The engine oil quoted and supplied by one of the only Motor Factors that I use, is: 5W40 Fully Synthetic.

Best Wishes,

Welshy.

Back