Technical remapped

Currently reading:
Technical remapped

Squirrel

popped round to red dot racing today to have the grande remapped. it made 174 with the angel map, the result i got from the original rolling road was inaccurate (154bhp). with the new map it made 192.9 BHP and 262.6ft lb. :slayer:. really pleased with it, cheers oldsckool :worship:

popped round to red dot racing today to have the grande remapped. it made 174 with the angel map, the result i got from the original rolling road was inaccurate (154bhp). with the new map it made 192.9 BHP and 262.6ft lb. :slayer:. really pleased with it, cheers oldsckool :worship:

Looks like I need to step my game up now!

I bet you're pleased with it. (y)

im soooooo tempted, my insurance will find out :look:

is that a true figure ..whats the difference between 'at the wheels' as opposed to at the flywheel...isnt the lower figure the correct one . So what im saying is are you quoting the incorrect figure ? ..just sceptical that a map alone could give 50bhp increase!

is that a true figure ..whats the difference between 'at the wheels' as opposed to at the flywheel...isnt the lower figure the correct one . So what im saying is are you quoting the incorrect figure ? ..just sceptical that a map alone could give 50bhp increase!

can easy get 50bhp from a re-map on any td, even more so but then the transmission wouldnt handle the torque;)

are you or anyone with a remapped GP going to any of the up coming events soon! Really want to take a remapped mjet out to see the different in the drive before i take the plunge?

EDIT: you must be well chuffed with the results those, is the most i heard of a GPS. You got any other mods?

Last edited:
yer I'm really pleased with it. feels a lot smoother now. The power quote is at the fly not the wheels, and no other mods regarding the engine

I dont expect you to tell me on a forum but im gonna ask anyway................................................

Have you declared it?

yer I'm really pleased with it. feels a lot smoother now. The power quote is at the fly not the wheels, and no other mods regarding the engine

Ah so its the fly figure. So I don't need to step my game up afer all :)

the figure 'at the wheels' is the output that the car is giving from the wheels to the road. The power is read by the dyno directly from the wheels of the car.

The figure 'at the flywheel' is the power the engine is producing before the power is transferred to the wheels. A certain % of the power at the fly is lost in transmission from the engine to the wheels themselves. The figure at the flywheel is a back calculated figure.

Which means when you compare the power of two cars you can only compare 'at the wheels' figures or 'at the fly' figures. You can't cross compare the two.

Last edited:

the only way you can measure at the flywheel is by taking the engine out.

all rolling road machines measure at the wheels and are programed to work out what it is at the flywheel :)

thats why you always do a before run so you know the gains rather than the top power. unless you have done so many that you know a before run is always going to give same results with same engine

Theres no 'real power' just two different measurements.

BHP quotes are usually 'at the wheels' measurements.
remember: BHP = torque x revs

All of the BHP figures I've seen quoted by Red Dot have been at the flywheel and the torque figures at the wheels. What does Red Dot set the transmission losses as? Post up the graph and I think it's possible to work it out from that.

And btw BHP = Torque lbft * RPM / 5252

All of the BHP figures I've seen quoted by Red Dot have been at the flywheel and the torque figures at the wheels. What does Red Dot set the transmission losses as? Post up the graph and I think it's possible to work it out from that.

And btw BHP = Torque lbft * RPM / 5252

I'm not quite sure what they calculate the losses as but my torque at the fly was back calculated to 314ft lb from 262ft lb at the wheels.

With regards to the equasion, I was trying to think what the extra part to it was!

so what are the at the wheels figures for both bhp and torque then ?

Back