General passenger side spotlight

Currently reading:
General passenger side spotlight

ok 3rd new topic of the afternoon for me! my mk2 punto passenger spotlight seems to always go out, then i pop the bonnet wiggle the bulb for a while and itll come back on, do you think i need a new bulb? anyone else now how to fix this problem?

thanks,

Ash.

ok 3rd new topic of the afternoon for me! my mk2 punto passenger spotlight seems to always go out, then i pop the bonnet wiggle the bulb for a while and itll come back on, do you think i need a new bulb? anyone else now how to fix this problem?

thanks,

Ash.

Spotlight means nothing. It is a head light, main beam or fog (although your sig dosen't show fogs in bumper unless they're in the headlight unit).

Jon.

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Sounds like a loose connection, or corrosion. However your suggestion of blown bulb is also plausable as if the filament is broken it could be touching when you wiggle it and therefore lighting...

May be an idea to take the bulb out and have a close look at the filament for any breaks. Whilst its out also check the wiring connector for ant bent spades or pins and any corrosion.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Lol thanks mate,

They are the correct ones for your sidelights. On the 501 type bulb its common for the little pieces of bare wire at the bottom to either become bent or snap off altogether, so worth checking that too!

Alan

Back