General Killed my panda

Currently reading:
General Killed my panda

pbottomley

Help!

I think i have killed my panda, I had an oil leak on the head somewhere so i used gunk to clean off the oil, so i could see the leak, had to let it dry for a day and took ages to get it started (due to excess water in the air box OOPS).

I drove it a few miles to dry it out then it died... lost power and the engine cut out, ythought at forst it was fuel, but added fuel and sucked clean the lines (ewww).

Now i have changed the dizzy xcap, the roter, the leads and the coil and still it cranks over but seems dead .

I dont have many tools nor am i that tech minded, i know the terms but practice is another thing, some bloke i called said its the Distro its common?

any advice or a guy to fix would be welcome... would pay (within reason its only a 200 quid car)

Hi, First things first....take out a spark plug,re-fit it to a plug-lead, rest it against the engine-block and crank the engine. Is there a spark at the plug ?

Most likely cause is grounded plugs, this happens to mine every time i wash the engine. Water remains around the base of the plugs shorting them out and causing the car not to run or run very roughly. It could also be electical.

D'ye know...
...I HATE keep having to agree with 'Smokey'.......................

Back