General Headlight wipers

Currently reading:
General Headlight wipers

SX_man

I have the headlight washer jets, but not the wipers for some reason..

Does anyone know what models they came on, and whether or not they are quite rare?

I have got the headlamp washers on my '92 1600 SX. I have unplugged the motors in behind as, to be honest, they are a pain in the arse because they get caught on the edges of the headlamp and the wiper stops at the top. Think they are just for show!

I had the headlight wipers on both my Tipos. I don't think they were rare.

1st was a 1989 1.6 DGT. It had them, it was standard as far as I know. They jetted & wiped the headlamp when you jetted the windscreen.

Whereas the ones on my 1992 1.9 TD SX only jetted & wiped when the headlamps were on.

To be honest they were a pain in the arse and very tempremental. one would work, then they'd both work, or work seperately, you know how it is. The headlamp also should have a plastic stopper on the top, very similar to the metal one on the base of the lamp. This is designed to stop the sweep of the wiper hitting the front bonnet edge. Mines were broke though and it means the paint got rubbed down to the white undercoat.

Also, if your Tipo is 1993 onwards facelift, you should just have washer jets and no wipers.

Back