sub for £100?

Currently reading:
sub for £100?

preferably one with a box, i already have an amp, its really annoying me though cos i cant seem to find a good earthing point and i keep getting interference!also the fli 1000w sub i have sounds like its giving out empty bass, its hard to explain but the bass isnt meaty

an always good earth point is the seat belt buckle where it is attached to the car as it always attached to the chasis, thats what i do most of the time

i wouldnt let a box be of concern coz you can use your old one or buy one seperate therefore allowing you much more of a choice and a bigger budget. for that sort of money i would prob be looking at the likes of JBL, theyre quite good for not a lot of money. for a wee bit more i would start to look towards pioneer and alpine which i favour

I found the best earth ever in my mk2 punto. Fit a loop connector to the end of your earth wire, and thread under your boot carpet and over the long bolt that screws into the spare wheel tool kit(y) It also makes it easier to remove if you have to take it out for some reason (i.e. to fit a weeks worth of clothes so you can take your girlfriend camping, I mean ffs, how many clothes can one person wear in a week?)

an always good earth point is the seat belt buckle where it is attached to the car as it always attached to the chasis, thats what i do most of the time

i wouldnt let a box be of concern coz you can use your old one or buy one seperate therefore allowing you much more of a choice and a bigger budget. for that sort of money i would prob be looking at the likes of JBL, theyre quite good for not a lot of money. for a wee bit more i would start to look towards pioneer and alpine which i favour

For the power that he wants you would have to custom build a box to the propper specs for the sub to get the right sound buying one would just be wrong.

Never earth where he just told you it is not stable, you are always likely to get Ground loop noise so you need a ground loop isolator.
Earth by driiling a hole in the spare wheel bay sand down the paint and attach with a loop connector, nut and bolt or get an earthing connector which you can buy for about i fiver.

so you reckon i shuld try sorting the earth out properly before i bother with a new sub?do you know of any reason why my sub would sound empty?

Wont have anything to do with earth the sound would be short from clipping the sound waves if that were the issue.
It sounds crap because it is fly and it is crap.

I found the best earth ever in my mk2 punto. Fit a loop connector to the end of your earth wire, and thread under your boot carpet and over the long bolt that screws into the spare wheel tool kit(y) It also makes it easier to remove if you have to take it out for some reason (i.e. to fit a weeks worth of clothes so you can take your girlfriend camping, I mean ffs, how many clothes can one person wear in a week?)

Nooooo dont do that.

ive had my installation on the seat belt buckle for quite a while and it seems vey stable to me, plus in any installation that ive done i havent one come back to me in near two years. it connected to the chasis for safety reasons so its a safe bet, especially for those who like me arent a fan of drilling their car. and fli is prob a likely cause to your sound waves, lol. no offence

right, well this weekend i'm ripping all wires out and re-laying them!this time i'll lay the power wires on the seperate side to the RCA cables!also i will try various earthing points,also try my mates sub in my car to see if that makes any difference to the bass depth

thats the way to do it! experiment (y)
let us know how you get on. is your have a multimeter you can check the continuity of your earth point with the chasis to see how strong of a connection it is. earth is usually the cause of most non workin subs and amps lol

Hi,

I have a blaupunkt 10" bandpass sub (perspex front) sat in my garage doin' nowt, despite it's size, the sound if quite impressive. I'm in oldham too, if you just want to try a different sub to test sound/meatiness PM me and see if we can sort out meeting up.

If you like it we can sort summat out cash wise as I can't justify the boot space in the panda ;)

Cheers
Keith

Back