fitting a new hard drive

Currently reading:
fitting a new hard drive

okay. so i,ve got a new maxtor hard drive to fit to my PC. 1 question
1. on my PC tower the hard drive loads in from the side with the connections facing out.the h/drive is held in place by two clips(screwed to the h/drive).are these generic parts or would i have to order these from my PC supplier?(mesh)
cheers:)

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

the clips off the oldone should fit the new one

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newsiggypic.jpg

smooth binki, digging binki, waiting for headrub binki, running binki,

Custard, do you understand whether to put it primary/secondary/master/slave etc.? 320gb...woow! I wish lappys kept up with desktops in that way

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
ff_banner.jpg

Only useful if you're going to fill it.....I can't seem to fill 80gb so never saw the point in going bigger!

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a shiny silver Baby Brava
</font id="violet">On the way: Alloys to be fitted, Air induction, 'Zorst​

Good, just checking :)

I use a 60gb in my laptop and a 3gb in a USB 2 case to backup my documents (excluding anything large of course)

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
ff_banner.jpg

to be honest its only my girlfriends heavy digi cam usage and my downloading(ahem) copies of software etc that i already own and use exclusivly for back up purposes that eats into the hard drive :Ilooking at upgradeing some of the specs in the near future(funds permitting).up the ram to 1GB,upgrade the graphics card from the geforce 5600, a 7.1 soundcard and maybe upgrade to an athlon 3200/3400 from the present 2800.

Just checked, I run 2*120Gb Western Digital SATA-150 drives, RAID 0, so effective capacity about 223Gb - current only put 23Gb of rubbish into it, but it is bloody fast!

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, in silver, with options :D

Custard,

Think mine are 7200rpm/8Mb, 10000 hadn't quite become common when I bought mine. But SATA was a good choice. Got mine from Scan,

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=16&Category=Hard+Drives&Thumbnails=No

Yes, a mobo with RAID does help! One of the reasons why I bought my Aopen mobo.

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, in silver, with options :D

i have far too much space; 200gb SATA150 in this machine, 120gb in the xbox, and then in the file server a 250gb maxtor, 2x40gb quantums, 30gb seagate and couple of 8.4gbs. Then i have a WD 80gb with a usb to ide convertor thats used for transfering stuff to other peoples houses.

Originally posted by arc
i have far too much space; 200gb SATA150 in this machine, 120gb in the xbox, and then in the file server a 250gb maxtor, 2x40gb quantums, 30gb seagate and couple of 8.4gbs. Then i have a WD 80gb with a usb to ide convertor thats used for transfering stuff to other peoples houses.

been looking into this x box chipping malarky.what chip have you got in your and did you do it yourself?

Custard,

If the case your using has say 4 bays for HD's then the pars you speak of should have came with it.

My case was £75 and has 4 HD bays, 4 Optical bays and 2 floppy/card reader bays and has the stuff to fill it with but since I have only 1 HD and 1 Optical I have a little box of stuff left over.

Liam

'97 Cinq Sporting, Imola Blue, Bumpers inserts and some parts painted red to colur code with seat belts,K&N, Janspeed S1 System, Tarox X drilled n grooved disc, SPAX ADJ. Dampers, Eibach Springs, Eibach Anti roll bar kit, OMP lower strut brace and some ICE

On a another aspect of storage, with all the capacity sometimes more drives isnt required thats why my 1 120GB HD is setup the following way

C: System (10GB)
D: DVD/RW
E: Data (20GB)
F: Games (20GB)
G: Audio (30GB)
H: Video (40GB)

These are partitions using NTFS instead of FAT32 and I like it.

Liam

'97 Cinq Sporting, Imola Blue, Bumpers inserts and some parts painted red to colur code with seat belts,K&N, Janspeed S1 System, Tarox X drilled n grooved disc, SPAX ADJ. Dampers, Eibach Springs, Eibach Anti roll bar kit, OMP lower strut brace and some ICE

Originally posted by bloomfieldliam
Custard,

If the case your using has say 4 bays for HD's then the pars you speak of should have came with it.

My case was £75 and has 4 HD bays, 4 Optical bays and 2 floppy/card reader bays and has the stuff to fill it with but since I have only 1 HD and 1 Optical I have a little box of stuff left over.

Liam
came as a complete system with no mounts in the 3 unused HD bays

:(

Back