General Language change? B & M now fixed

Currently reading:
General Language change? B & M now fixed

dougl65

To those of you who have read of the problems with my B & M system it is apparently now fixed.

This required a new Convergence unit in the left rear quarter.

Unfortunately all the units are preloaded in Italian and my car only speaks Italian now. Apparently they are all converted by Fiat when they leave the docks.

I do realise that you can download an English zip file from Fiat.com and extract this to a memory stick and install it in the car. the files available from Fiat however are nearly three years old and do not want to install in my car.

Fiat technical are supplying new files on CD to be installed via examiner...

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Doug

That's interesting, the lounge we tested a couple of weeks ago at our local dealer was talking in Italian (at least the dash was, we didn't play with the B&M)

"Oh they all come delivered like that" said the Saleswoman, "the workshop sets the language in the PDI"

.."they all do that" must be phrase no 1 in the dealers manual!

That's interesting, the lounge we tested a couple of weeks ago at our local dealer was talking in Italian (at least the dash was, we didn't play with the B&M)

"Oh they all come delivered like that" said the Saleswoman, "the workshop sets the language in the PDI"

.."they all do that" must be phrase no 1 in the dealers manual!

Cars almost alway come set to italian off the transporters.

Well, they had downloaded the english files zip from Fiat.com and couldn't get them to install. I had two spare memory sticks and formatted one as FAT and the other as FAT32. Unzipped the files there. When I got into the car the first stick I inserted installed immediately.... Paired the phone, copied the phonebook and it all works great. Phew!

Now I am going to try and get some cmpensation out of Fiat for two weeks without a my new car and having to pay for the insurance for the loaner...

Well, they had downloaded the english files zip from Fiat.com and couldn't get them to install. I had two spare memory sticks and formatted one as FAT and the other as FAT32. Unzipped the files there. When I got into the car the first stick I inserted installed immediately.... Paired the phone, copied the phonebook and it all works great. Phew!

Now I am going to try and get some cmpensation out of Fiat for two weeks without a my new car and having to pay for the insurance for the loaner...

Dude, I'm glad you got it all back with everything working ok. Must be a relief.

Personally I wouldn't try for the whole compensation thing, maybe for the loaner but...it does sound like they did what they could? Sorry to hear about your near crash on your bike though. Hope it gets better from here on in.(y)

Back