Technical Flashing Mileage

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing Mileage

maffc

Does anyone know why my Bravo's Mileage has started flashing when displaying trip data? (av consumption, etc)
It's not yet 12 month old and has only 3,000 miles on it so shouldn't be expecting a service. (Plus it had one when I bought it ex demo six weeks ago)
I've looked in the manual but must have missed it if it's mentioned there.

Last edited:
I've got mine set to show the boost pressure as the default page and it doesn't flash then.
I've not been listening to the radio but the media player. Of course that takes over the whole display when the track changes.

Since posting though i noticed on the punto forum someone had this when they had an issue with their blue and me. Now i've just managed to get mine to read media of a Laptop hard-drive but it might be that it's not the success i thought it was.

Next time I take her out I'll try with and without it to see if that makes the difference and post back the results

Cheers

if it keeps doing it, it will probably want proxy aligning at the dealers the GP's and 500's suffer from it as well

imagine proxy alignment like the sychronisation of watches....all the modules on the control area network (CAN) must be at the 'correct time' to talk to each another correctly,the cluster is on this network.

check the 'body computer' software update has been done.

My Bravo did this the other day. It was fine all day and when I got in to come home, the mileage was flashing and the blue&me was not working. I tried turning the car off and on again a few times but it didnt fix the problem. When I got up the next morning however, everything was back to normal!

Well Today I tried it with various combinations and i think i've worked out the issue.
If i leave the drive connected when starting her up blue and me starts building the media library and also start pairing up with my phone then it must be too much for it and either the mileage flashes or the phone wont connect or the media player won't play (or all 3).

However, if i start her up, let the phone pair, then connect the drive all seems fine - i can make calls, access 24 gigs of music and see my mileage without getting a headache. I;ve done several tests and so far so good.

Maybe Blue and Me is like me - doesn't want to do too much when it;s just woken up.:D I'll just keep an eye on it.

Anyhow thanks all for the advice

You're making "Blue and Me" sound like typical Microsoft!!:D

So true? Have u seen that we often "restart" the car if somethin's wrong?(n)
Now we have a SPORT button just like the old computers have:confused:
I've seen the new clc..it has a memory card slot in the dashboard...

What about Vista for cars...will it use my hp resources :D:D?

Sorry for offtopic, but I find it funny

Back