Technical should have looked before we leaped

Currently reading:
Technical should have looked before we leaped

well we have striped the b bare inside to sort out the wet floor will put pic 's
on later, but now it is all back together we have air bag light on, have just read similar threads and we should have disconnected the battery first BUMMER got any idea how to clear the fault without hand cash to fiat?????

'fraid not. Only way to do it is a trip to the dealer..make sure you bend over and pick up the soap when in the workshop...!

there MUST be a way.. if even complex BMWs can have their maintenance shedule reset just by shortening two pins with a paperclip....

I think not. This comes up on just about every fiat forum and the advice is always trundle on down to the dealer.

My coupe used to have the same problem..sometimes taking the battery leads off overnight would re-set the airbag sometimes not. But it had the downside of losing the ECU keep alive values which the car then had to re-learn so it ran like a Lada diesel for about 50 miles...

My local garage reset my airbag light with their Snap On Diagnostic tool, there are 2 sockets that plug in to the tool and they used the one furthest to the left under the passenger side. As he is a good mate it only took a few minutes and he did it for free:D

So you don't need to go to the main dealer who will charge you £££$$$$£££

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse.
The dog is fine now. It was my own fault really. She is epileptic but the vets had told me that the drugs she was on were not of 'theraputic value' and I could wean her off them. The amount of drugs they gave me meant that happened 3 days before the Bristol event. Poor little bugger had at least 3 more fits during that day while we were there and the lady who was looking after her had to cope. She was really nice about it and we bought her a good pressie! From now on we're staying on the tablets!

P1010026.JPG

xS

O and the soft top! There is no grass growing out from there yet! How do I tell if it is vinyl or mohair? - I think it is black from memory - lol!

Last edited:
I think it is mohair then, will have to have a look at it one day!

I've not tried herbal remedies and think i'd be a bit nervous to take her off the tablets again now - its too distressing! She does have as near as I can get to an additive free diet as I think that was one of the things that was a trigger. It all seemed to start after I brought her into the office one day and she wacked her head on the side of a filing cabinet while racing about. Is perfectly fine the rest of the time.

xS

Well I must admit I like the car with the hardtop on and as I was saying to LRB, the drive I have to work and back is through some dodgy areas, I'd probably end up with a facefull of chips and mushy peas so don't feel inspired to have the top down! Now if we can organise a trip down to South of France again to visit my mum and dad the hard top will definitly come off... That depends on finances at the moment.

I think I will take your advice though and take the hard top off one sunny weekend just to make sure everything is ok in there!

xS

HI Orange

What did you do about your airbag light in the end? I've got to get mine sorted out now. Did you have to go to a dealer or might my local garage be able to do it?

Thanks
xS

Think we need to verify the cause first and check the wiring under the seat..

If you take it to a dealers and the wiring is still not right the light will just come on again wasting your £40 to put it out.

Just thinking....as you never unplugged any of the wiring a reset might work by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. It's a long shot but might work.

Last edited:
Back