Advanced Driving

Currently reading:
Advanced Driving

jasper

Following on from Alex's topic about the motorcyclist...very interesting I joined that one late and it was nearly getting to be handbags at dawn!! Just thought I'd open up the debate a bit

I can see both sides...I sympathise with Alex but would have to agree with a lot of people out there that in general (and that's a very loose general) bike riders are more aware - I'm slightly biased as my sister rides a Ducatti (she likes Italian bikes, me the cars) she's always telling me stories about dingbats doing dangerous inconsiderate things in cars...

But anyway my point is all car drivers and bikers can do idiotic things both on purpose and by accident. I'm no acception to this but I think the key is to learn from your mistakes

As this is a car based forum I should imagine we all love driving, Fiats or not? one of the best things I've done recently is read three books...Police Drivers Handbook (they do one for bikers too) and two books on advanced driving. both state the most important thing is attitude. So I started to consciously make an effort whilst driving to think about what I was doing and why and how it makes others feel. Eg instead of tailgating the old duffer in the Rover Metro that pulled out on me and scaring him s**tless I held back and got past when safe to do so; Result he wasn't intimidated I wasn't stressed and we both didn't end up dead.

Now if you're still reading!! your probably thinking I'm a self-righteous tw*t, sorry if it comes across that way that's not what I am or what I intend to sound like. I still do stupid things but I've found I've begun to do them less often 'cause I'm thinking more.

So have a go at analysing your driving it's actually good fun (I really do sound sad now);) I bet I'll never get invited to a meet?!!

So thought, comments welcome...

Techno Grey Stilo Abarth

Those are books I intended to invest in once I had finished exams (all the way back since I passed last june) but then I thought "you're only going to be driving until Setp. you might aswell save your money" so I have.

When I finish uni in a million years and have time I will do the Advance Driving course and test.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
ff_banner.jpg

You can buy them off Amazon 2nd hand dirt cheap. Wasn't sure If i could give the title of them in case I infringed some copyright law and got the whole thing shut down [:0] Maybe a Moderator could let me know if it's ok to list the titles?

Techno Grey Stilo Abarth

lol @ steve... y b modest when u kno u are better than everyone else?

back to the matter in hand... i have done a defensive drivin course thingy, was well fun, taught u to control skids an agressive drivers, all that stuff.

people who dont seem to have a thought process or generally lack the intelligence to drive but end up with keys somehow still p**s me right off.

yea i drive fast, yea i proper throw me car round corners and round-a-bouts, i think it is good to kno where the limits of your ability and car are, just in case.... but when i do i kno for a fact it is safe to do so.

it comes down to one thing... how well you read the road ahead of you.

mase_banner_one.jpg

Latest Mod: Colourcoded dash!
Next Mod: Homemade induction kit!​

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this (was enjoying mate's stag weekend in Cardiff)
Those other two books are

Very advanced Driving (A.Tom Topper ISBN 0-7160-2127-7) This is unintentionally quite funner the authors a bit of a psycho I think

Expert Driving (Paul Ripley with Peter Amey ISBN 0-7160-3009-8):)

Steve you can't be the best driver in the world as that would make me second best;)

Techno Grey Stilo Abarth

[quote
So have a go at analysing your driving it's actually good fun (I really do sound sad now):( I bet I'll never get invited to a meet?!!

[/quote]

you dont need an invite to a meet just turn up, skeggy should be a good one;):D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newsiggypic.jpg

smooth binki, digging binki, waiting for headrub binki, running binki,

Cheers Dave :) Don't know if I'll be able to make that one but I'm definitely going to get to one at some point....they seem quite regular

Techno Grey Stilo Abarth

Id love to do a defensive driving course (also love to do an evasive driving course- mad off road styleé)...but funds dont allow!!

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq GTi 1242cc - GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
boot delock soon, Induction in development!

Yeah, definately, but I cant really see that driving style being appreciated by many on the roadB)

Pity really.:D

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq GTi 1242cc - GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
boot delock soon, Induction in development!

Back